Tyler O'Neill Player of the Week/Month

Discuss all things Cardinals Baseball
CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Tyler O'Neill Player of the Week/Month

Post by CardsofSTL »

This is the O'Neill we've been wanting to see.

Tyler O'Neill spearheaded a 6-0 stretch for the Cardinals.

O'Neill, St. Louis' 26-year-old left fielder, hit safely in all six games last week, drove in at least one run in five of them and swatted three home runs, two of which came in the eighth inning and put the Cardinals in the lead.

The Cardinals have won eight straight games overall to take hold of the No. 2 National League Wild Card spot.

O'Neill finished the week with a .391 average, 10 RBIs, nine runs scored and a 1.308 OPS to win Player of the Week honors for the first time.

Tags:

Popeye_Card
GRB's most intelligent & humble poster

Re: Tyler O'Neill Player of the Week

Post by Popeye_Card »

I'll admit, even when he was raking back in May, I was a bit hesitant that the power would stay streaky and he'd be trenched in a .250/.300/.500 type slash line. But since that point he's hit much better for average and taking more walks. He still strikes out a TON (TON pun), but his improved batting profile plus these power spikes are really rounding him out into a great all-around player.

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

Evan C: Is Tyler O’Neill for real? Is this what you expect from him next year?

Ben Clemens: I don’t think he’s THIS real but I buy the general improvements he’s made on the year
Ben Clemens: I wrote earlier this year about how his low walk rate didn’t reflect his true talent:
Ben Clemens: https://blogs.fangraphs.com/tyler-oneil ... come-king/
Ben Clemens: And I think that his current production on contact numbers probably flatter him a bit
Ben Clemens: But I do think he’s closer to what he’s doing right now than to an average hitter

Big Amoco Sign
Master of Hyperbole

Post by Big Amoco Sign »

O'Neill has now played about an average of 147 games/season over his career, if you extrapolate it and put it into seasonal numbers.

6.4 WAR over 295 games. Which is about 3.2 WAR per 147 games (what he's expected to play in a full season as a starter).

He's real to me. 7.4% walk rate career now. Take it All. Damn. Day. with that skill. Also that's a .224 ISO now for career.

GeddyWrox
Caught you a delicious bass

Post by GeddyWrox »

I was beginning to doubt he would ever put it all together. This season has been his coming out party. I hope he stays "out". LOL

[ Insert CardsofSTL Joke Here ]

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Post by CardsofSTL »

GeddyWrox wrote:
September 20 21, 3:17 pm
I was beginning to doubt he would ever put it all together. This season has been his coming out party. I hope he stays "out". LOL
hot

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Post by CardsofSTL »

Big Amoco Sign wrote:
September 20 21, 2:23 pm
O'Neill has now played about an average of 147 games/season over his career, if you extrapolate it and put it into seasonal numbers.

6.4 WAR over 295 games. Which is about 3.2 WAR per 147 games (what he's expected to play in a full season as a starter).

He's real to me. 7.4% walk rate career now. Take it All. Damn. Day. with that skill. Also that's a .224 ISO now for career.
Plus check out those glutes

Radbird
There's someone in my head but it's not me

Post by Radbird »

CardsofSTL wrote:
September 20 21, 4:27 pm
Big Amoco Sign wrote:
September 20 21, 2:23 pm

Plus check out those glutes

Superorganism
Veteran Player

Post by Superorganism »

O’Neill is so muscular his proportions look off. He has the profile of a dwarf.

NDark
Veteran Player

Post by NDark »

#rig