Famous Mortimer
Perennial All-Star

Re: NLWC GDT: Cardinals(Wainwright) @ Dodgers(Scherzer) 7:10 PM CT

Post by Famous Mortimer »

MrCrowesGarden wrote:
October 7 21, 7:11 am
Popeye_Card wrote:
October 7 21, 6:27 am
Unrelated to the game itself, how did the Dodgers end up with possibly the whitest roster since the 1950's? They even have super-white-guy names like Phil Bickford and Blake Treinen (who feels like he should be Blake Treinen III).
It's also amazing how Drew Magary poisoned the collective minds of the internet to make the Cardinals the bad guy in last night's game when the Dodgers employ Treinen who is QAnon AF, a domestic abuser, and literally Trevor Bauer.
Are we still the villain in these things?

Anyway, can't complain too much, given I was one of the people calling for all the firings back when the Cardinals were below .500.

Tags:

heyzeus
Everday Unicorn

Post by heyzeus »

I feel at peace. It's not how I wanted things to go, obviously, but we overperformed and show promise for the future. I've done some calculations, put some fizzing and brightly colored chemicals in beakers, and balanced the equations, and can say with precision and certainty that yesterday was the 5,951st worst day of my life.

go birds
-go birds

Post by go birds »

slept on it and still hate shildt.

reyes needs to be pitching for another team next year.

BottenFieldofDreams
Perennial All-Star

Post by BottenFieldofDreams »

Famous Mortimer wrote:
October 7 21, 7:56 am
MrCrowesGarden wrote:
Popeye_Card wrote:
Unrelated to the game itself, how did the Dodgers end up with possibly the whitest roster since the 1950's? They even have super-white-guy names like Phil Bickford and Blake Treinen (who feels like he should be Blake Treinen III).
It's also amazing how Drew Magary poisoned the collective minds of the internet to make the Cardinals the bad guy in last night's game when the Dodgers employ Treinen who is QAnon AF, a domestic abuser, and literally Trevor Bauer.

Anyway, can't complain too much, given I was one of the people calling for all the firings back when the Cardinals were below .500.
I think we're the Nickelback of baseball teams. Have they even made music in 10 years? Doesn't matter: they're forever the example of a dislikable band. Even when Machine Gun Kelly is huge.

And ol' Drew is always gonna be jerking off about how stupid everything he doesn't like is, and how the people that like these stupid things are figuratively like something involving semen or feces.

phins
Sobbing quietly during Fox programming

Post by phins »

Lesson wrote:
October 6 21, 10:41 pm
phins wrote:
October 6 21, 10:37 pm
Lesson wrote:
October 6 21, 10:36 pm
phins wrote:
October 6 21, 10:31 pm
Lesson wrote:
October 6 21, 10:30 pm
phins wrote:
October 6 21, 10:29 pm
Shildt went back to dumbassery and it ended the season.
To be fair, the options he had in the bullpen were cantaloupes and watermelons.
McFarland has pitched far better than Reyes this year. Flaherty is a far better option than Reyes.
I would not want Flaherty in that position since he just got back within the past 2 weeks and hasn’t been used in that situation.
But you'd rather use Reyes?
I’d rather keep McFarland in or have better options at reliever.
So, no. You would not rather have Reyes.

MrCrowesGarden
'Burb Boy

Post by MrCrowesGarden »

BottenFieldofDreams wrote:
October 7 21, 8:10 am
Famous Mortimer wrote:
October 7 21, 7:56 am
MrCrowesGarden wrote:
Popeye_Card wrote:

I think we're the Nickelback of baseball teams. Have they even made music in 10 years? Doesn't matter: they're forever the example of a dislikable band. Even when Machine Gun Kelly is huge.

And ol' Drew is always gonna be jerking off about how stupid everything he doesn't like is, and how the people that like these stupid things are figuratively like something involving semen or feces.
That's a pretty good way of putting it. If you're familiar with BobbyBigWheel on Twitter-- a pretty notorious limousine liberal--he tweeted (and now deleted) something stupid about Missouri vaccination rates and that's why he was rooting for the Dodgers.

MrCrowesGarden
'Burb Boy

Post by MrCrowesGarden »

0fer with RISP and no XBH will stick in my craw a lot more than the 4th relief pitcher used.

Lesson
Grandmaster Flashchat

Post by Lesson »

phins wrote:
October 7 21, 8:18 am
Lesson wrote:
October 6 21, 10:41 pm
phins wrote:
October 6 21, 10:37 pm
Lesson wrote:
October 6 21, 10:36 pm
phins wrote:
October 6 21, 10:31 pm
Lesson wrote:
October 6 21, 10:30 pm
phins wrote:
October 6 21, 10:29 pm
Shildt went back to dumbassery and it ended the season.
To be fair, the options he had in the bullpen were cantaloupes and watermelons.
McFarland has pitched far better than Reyes this year. Flaherty is a far better option than Reyes.
I would not want Flaherty in that position since he just got back within the past 2 weeks and hasn’t been used in that situation.
But you'd rather use Reyes?
I’d rather keep McFarland in or have better options at reliever.
So, no. You would not rather have Reyes.
Correct, but considering Bellinger walked I don’t fault Shildt for going to Reyes.

I fault Mozeliak for not having better options for Shildt to use. I would not trust Hudson or Flaherty in that situation currently.

And the batters doing nothing with RISP is a bigger problem than Shildt changing relievers from a makeshift bullpen with 2 outs.

AWvsCBsteeeerike3
"I could totally eat a pig butt, if smoked correctly!"

Post by AWvsCBsteeeerike3 »

On the bright side, we don't have to sit through 3 losses to the Giants. One painful loss is better than 3, I reckon.

Popeye_Card
GRB's most intelligent & humble poster

Post by Popeye_Card »

AWvsCBsteeeerike3 wrote:
October 7 21, 8:40 am
On the bright side, we don't have to sit through 3 losses to the Giants. One painful loss is better than 3, I reckon.
Yes. And potentially years of whining that it was unfair for the 106 win Dodgers to be eliminated in 1 game.

I do sorta wish that if the Dodgers were going to win in the 9th anyway, it should have been Pujols.