Steve Adams' NL Central comments

Discuss all things Cardinals Baseball
Big Amoco Sign
Master of Hyperbole

Re: Steve Adams' NL Central comments

Post by Big Amoco Sign »

mikechamp wrote:
October 27 21, 10:25 am
Was Ozuna the fallback for missing out on Stanton and not wanting to up the ante for Yelich, or am I confusing my offseasons?
Same offseason. It's possible Ozuna was the target all along, knowing Stanton wouldn't pick STL on his trade list, to keep the discussions open with Marlins to keep a trade advantage over other teams once Ozuna was available. I think at the time of the trade, Yelich was planned to be kept but I could be mistaken. Then Marlins pulled a Marlins and decided to trade more all stars to go cheap once Yelich was seemingly unhappy.

Brewers got such a steal for Brinson. Sucks that Yelich is becoming Grady Sizemore'd though.

Tags:

Popeye_Card
GRB's most intelligent & humble poster

Post by Popeye_Card »

Big Amoco Sign wrote:
October 27 21, 10:23 am
Popeye_Card wrote:
October 27 21, 10:21 am
I agree that he doesn't represent much of an upgrade for the price, but when the Cardinals get fixated on someone none of that matters. My preference is to look elsewhere.
Do you have an example of this fixation? I know Price and Tulowitzki were focal points but the team still had a threshold as neither became Cardinals.
They were fixated on Arenado and Goldschmidt for a while. Matt Holliday. I think Heyward was a guy that they had interest in, but perhaps not the same fixation. There hasn't been the same fixation on pitchers because the Cardinals are just not comfortable signing big-time SP contracts (the attempt at Price aside, and probably solidified after the Leake debacle).

DeadMoney
Veteran Player

Post by DeadMoney »

I'd be excited to see Mo find some pitching help from trading Dejong & then sign one of the big short stops. MLB trade rumors had an interesting take that maybe the A's would be a good match for Dejong with Manaea or Bassit coming to the Cards.

Big Amoco Sign
Master of Hyperbole

Post by Big Amoco Sign »

DeadMoney wrote:
October 27 21, 11:03 am
I'd be excited to see Mo find some pitching help from trading Dejong & then sign one of the big short stops. MLB trade rumors had an interesting take that maybe the A's would be a good match for Dejong with Manaea or Bassit coming to the Cards.
I said it first!

Spider John
Hall Of Famer

Post by Spider John »

There have been times in the past where the FO went hard after one player, and when they didn't get him they did nothing. I can't remember who all it was.

The story about Yelich has been the Marlins said they weren't going to trade him, so the Cards traded for Ozuna.

DeadMoney
Veteran Player

Post by DeadMoney »

Big Amoco Sign wrote:
October 27 21, 11:12 am
DeadMoney wrote:
October 27 21, 11:03 am
I said it first!
Good call