Free Agents

Discuss all things Cardinals Baseball
Superorganism
Veteran Player

Re: Free Agents

Post by Superorganism »

Cards are just waiting for Stroman’s market to dry up. Which he’s great at. They should wait him out.

Tags:

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Post by CardsofSTL »

Big Amoco Sign wrote:
December 1 21, 2:13 pm
Giants re-sign Alex Wood to 2/25m. Not to pull a "Where was Walt" but come on!

Giants double the Alex
I've never been nor shall I ever be opposed to a little Wood.

haltz
Hall Of Famer

Post by haltz »

Big Amoco Sign wrote:

Giants double the Alex
I thought James Paxton would be a good option as well, but hopefully that sort of depth was the Matz deal and they're still looking at Stroman, maybe Greinke (?) or they're talking to Story and the SS surplus in that case becomes a deal for an arm. I can't imagine they're done by any stretch, even though that seems to be the consensus with every signing.

MrCrowesGarden
'Burb Boy

Post by MrCrowesGarden »

haltz wrote:
December 1 21, 3:31 pm
Big Amoco Sign wrote:

Giants double the Alex
I thought James Paxton would be a good option as well, but hopefully that sort of depth was the Matz deal and they're still looking at Stroman, maybe Greinke (?) or they're talking to Story and the SS surplus in that case becomes a deal for an arm. I can't imagine they're done by any stretch, even though that seems to be the consensus with every signing.
I think it’s at least almost a certainty they won’t get to the pre-pandemic spending they said they wanted to, unless they go crizazzlebeans on extensions.

I still would prefer Hudson to be the depth guy and not just a fixture of the rotation, but that’s a difference of opinion in evaluation.

haltz
Hall Of Famer

Post by haltz »

MrCrowesGarden wrote:
December 1 21, 4:32 pm
haltz wrote:
December 1 21, 3:31 pm
Big Amoco Sign wrote:

Giants double the Alex
I think it’s at least almost a certainty they won’t get to the pre-pandemic spending they said they wanted to, unless they go crizazzlebeans on extensions.

I still would prefer Hudson to be the depth guy and not just a fixture of the rotation, but that’s a difference of opinion in evaluation.
When I say depth with Matz I mean the back end of the rotation. Hopefully something happens where one of Mikolas and Hudson become the 6th option.

MrCrowesGarden
'Burb Boy

Post by MrCrowesGarden »

I understand. I’m just not hopeful. I don’t think they’re done, but they’re probably going to do less than I’d like.

Phansett
Fringe Major League Player

Post by Phansett »

Luis Garcia to Giants, per @ByRobertMurry. 2 yr, 7 Million.

GeddyWrox
Caught you a delicious bass

Post by GeddyWrox »

Poop

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

Jon Heyman of MLB Network reports that free agent shortstop Carlos Correa has received interest from teams as a potential third baseman.

Correa, who was awarded a Platinum Glove as the best defender in the American League this past season, would prefer to stay at shortstop long-term, but has said in the past that he could shift over to third base, if needed. The 27-year-old slugger appears to be among a sizable group of free agents likely to wait until after the MLB and MLB Players Association reach an agreement on a new Collective Bargaining Agreement to sign a deal this offseason.
Source: Jon Heyman on Twitter
Dec 1, 2021, 5:49 PM ET

Superorganism
Veteran Player

Post by Superorganism »

The aging curve is a thing. He’s probably 3B bound on the front end of a very long contract.