Magneto2.0 wrote:
December 6 21, 12:07 pm
Big Amoco Sign wrote:
December 6 21, 11:39 am
Magneto2.0 wrote:
December 6 21, 11:28 am
Big Amoco Sign wrote:
December 6 21, 10:57 am
He should be the post Molina/Wainwright face of the franchise.
That's gonna Jordan Walker
Arenado is here until 2027. Walker is a ways away. I don't expect that to be a sudden transition. They need to pass the torch to Flaherty and he needs to become a DeGrom/Kershaw level elite pitcher.
He's only 2 years away. I think he's the one. But we'll see
Two years is really optimistic for Walker.

He may make his debut at the end of 2024, sure. But I am not sure when he will be a 26-man mainstay.

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Re: Will the Cards keep Flaherty?

Post by CardsofSTL »

From MLB Trade Rumors...
Jack Flaherty is scheduled for free agency following the 2023 season, but even with the Cardinals‘ team control winding down, Ben Frederickson of The St. Louis Post-Dispatch figures the club will wait until next spring to really delve into extension talks. After a big 2019 season, Flaherty ran into some struggles in the pandemic-shortened 2020 campaign, and then tossed only 78 1/3 innings last year due to oblique and shoulder injuries. Since any Cards extension offer in the near future is likely to be tempered by this recent track record, Flaherty himself would probably prefer to re-establish his value with a healthy and productive 2022 season before committing to a longer-term deal. Flaherty is projected for a $5.1MM salary next year via arbitration, and even those shorter-term talks will be interesting considering Flaherty and the Cardinals went to a hearing (won by Flaherty) last spring.