Cards bring Pujols back - 1 yr/$2.5M

Discuss all things Cardinals Baseball
CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Re: Cards bring Pujols back - 1 yr/$2.5M

Post by CardsofSTL »

I don't feel like reading back through this thread. Did I have a good or bad take?

AdmiralKird
MBA, CPA, CFA, CFP, JD, PE, MD

Post by AdmiralKird »

CardsofSTL wrote:
August 15 22, 6:18 pm
I don't feel like reading back through this thread. Did I have a good or bad take?
You said Albert would rock his underwear on his head and enter the batters box in handstands with that bat held in his feet. Good take.

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Post by CardsofSTL »

AdmiralKird wrote:
August 15 22, 6:38 pm
CardsofSTL wrote:
August 15 22, 6:18 pm
You said Albert would rock his underwear on his head and enter the batters box in handstands with that bat held in his feet. Good take.
That sounds like me

sighyoung
Mayor of GRB

Post by sighyoung »

I stand by my wish that Mark E. Smith and The Fall had returned to the U.S. and performed in Louisville before he died.

heyzeus
Everday Unicorn

Post by heyzeus »

Joe Shlabotnik wrote:
August 15 22, 5:46 pm
MrCrowesGarden wrote:
August 15 22, 5:10 pm
And I still don’t think it was wrong to say that if you wanted Pujols before this season because he “mashes lefties,” it wasn’t grounded in reality and that this has been a “bad process, good outcome” result. Nothing wrong with just enjoying that either!
Obligatory:
I will never get tired of that gif

dmarx114
Hall Of Famer

Post by dmarx114 »

Socnorb11 wrote:
August 15 22, 5:00 pm
MrCrowesGarden wrote:
August 15 22, 4:52 pm
Yeah that’s totally why he admitted it and not that he got caught with his tired schtick
I had no idea that he was trying to "call out" anyone specific, until you got defensive. No offense, but if you're really to the point of being sensitive about a thread being bumped, it might be time for a break.
Exactly this.

Now I will admit I have at times bumped posts where Mo was undeservedly crushed to show that we as cardinals fans are so incredible lucky to be run by a great front office.

Today I could have done that, but chose to take a more general approach, without calling out anyone specifically.

But then the personal attacks came, and I bumped a specific post as a result, as you allude to.

Certainly wasn’t trying to rile anyone specific up. Like others have mentioned in this thread, I am fascinated by old takes. My motivation is to only show that Mo helps us, instead of hurts us. No GM is perfect, but he is really good at what he does.

TGantz
R-E-S-P-E-C-T...What Dr Pepper Means to Me

Post by TGantz »

TGantz wrote:
March 28 22, 6:19 am
We got back one of the most iconic Cardinal players throughout the franchise's 100+ years of existence and people are upset enough to stop following the team because it will block Brett Wallace for a year. Sorry, Nolan Gorman/Yepez.

Are people fans of the team itself or do you just agree with the Cardinals player evaluation algorithm more than the other teams in your GM simulation software?

I did not care at all about 2022 Cardinals last night. I am now excited to see some games this year.

I can't imagine being upset with this. Is it really out of the realm of possibility that Pujols has a suprisingly good year? He's old, but he's still Albert.
I literally can't even tell who is arguing with who, and I read the last couple pages twice. But I am happy with the take that I had. Nerds.

Popeye_Card
GRB's most intelligent & humble poster

Post by Popeye_Card »

I hadn't really thought about it, but if it weren't for the shortened COVID season, Pujols would probably be on the cusp of 700 right now.

His GIDP record would also have reached "untouchable" level. Back on a positive note though, he probably would have passed Babe Ruth for 2nd all-time RBI's

wart57
just can't quit you.

Post by wart57 »

sighyoung
Mayor of GRB

Post by sighyoung »