2022 Minor League Season

Discuss all things Cardinals Baseball
MrCrowesGarden
'Burb Boy

Re: 2022 Minor League Season

Post by MrCrowesGarden »

Wholly disagree because Soto is that guy.

Big Amoco Sign
Master of Hyperbole

Post by Big Amoco Sign »

MrCrowesGarden wrote:
July 17 22, 9:01 am
Wholly disagree because Soto is that guy.
Yeah and Cardinals build up prospect wealth to trade them, a lot.

Magneto2.0
Hall Of Famer

Post by Magneto2.0 »

phins
Sobbing quietly during Fox programming

Post by phins »

Magneto2.0 wrote:
August 4 22, 7:47 pm
Add to it he has a major ground ball tendency and doesn't walk batters.

Truth be told, if you were going to build a profile for a pitcher in the low-minors, it is probably this exact player that walks out of the lab. Athleticism for days, control, stuff, results, ground balls, spin metrics, pitch data.

Long way to go, and pitchers break, but this kid has gone from lottery ticket talent to "holy [expletive], I think we hit on something" in a very short time.

DeadMoney
Veteran Player

Post by DeadMoney »

phins wrote:
August 5 22, 6:37 am
Magneto2.0 wrote:

Truth be told, if you were going to build a profile for a pitcher in the low-minors, it is probably this exact player that walks out of the lab. Athleticism for days, control, stuff, results, ground balls, spin metrics, pitch data.

Long way to go, and pitchers break, but this kid has gone from lottery ticket talent to "holy [expletive], I think we hit on something" in a very short time.
How does Tink compare to a young Carlos Martinez? Seems like similar nasty stuff to work with.

phins
Sobbing quietly during Fox programming

Post by phins »

DeadMoney wrote:
August 5 22, 7:01 am
phins wrote:
August 5 22, 6:37 am
Magneto2.0 wrote:

How does Tink compare to a young Carlos Martinez? Seems like similar nasty stuff to work with.
Pedro is one of those guys that I just do not comp too. He had a changeup that was simply breathtaking and that pitch is a true equalizer if you have the command to go with it.

I would say Tink has a chance to hit some really high outcomes based on his tools (athleticism being one of them). I do not really ever put an "Ace" tag on pitching prospects, but his normal distribution will see some #2 type outcomes, with the most likely being a #4 type. The tails would probably be never makes the majors on one side and All-Star legit ace on the other side.

That's incredibly valuable.

Magneto2.0
Hall Of Famer

Post by Magneto2.0 »

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

ClassicO
A well known publication just ranked Tink Hance the Cards 3rd best prospect, #63 overall right behind Winn at #62. Have you seen him pitch and if so, what’s your take? (I have on MiLB and he’s lights out.)

Ben Clemens
I've watched a few of his starts. I'm holding off on judgment for now because he just doesn't throw very deep into games
That's by design, it's nothing negative about him, but his longest start this year is four innings (14 BF). I don't really have a feel for how he'll do in starter innings. The curveball is super fun though.

ghostrunner
Hall Of Famer

Post by ghostrunner »

Magneto2.0
Hall Of Famer

Post by Magneto2.0 »

ghostrunner wrote:
August 10 22, 9:03 pm
wow