sighyoung
Mayor of GRB

Re: 4/17 GDT: Cardinals(Hudson) @ Brewers(Ashby) 1:10 PM CT

Post by sighyoung »

Felix The Cat wrote:
April 18 22, 9:40 am
Big Amoco Sign wrote:
April 18 22, 8:25 am
I’m here for the Pujols stare and bat flip. And only facing lefties. Pleased with Marmol and coming around on his signing if he’s used this way going forward.
+++

My only concern with the signing was overplaying Albert but it's been going well so far.
They have been judicious, and Pujols has been on board with it. Kudos all around. They've also bought some time for the top hitting prospects.

Tags:

dmarx114
Hall Of Famer

Re: 4/17 GDT: Cardinals(Hudson) @ Brewers(Ashby) 1:10 PM CT

Post by dmarx114 »

Big Amoco Sign wrote:
April 18 22, 11:47 am
dmarx114 wrote:
April 18 22, 11:38 am
Big Amoco Sign wrote:
April 18 22, 11:22 am
dmarx114 wrote:
April 18 22, 11:17 am
Big Amoco Sign wrote:
April 18 22, 8:25 am
I’m here for the Pujols stare and bat flip. And only facing lefties. Pleased with Marmol and coming around on his signing if he’s used this way going forward.
This back track didn't take long.
Did I ever say I had a problem with Albert? Nope just the signing. I'm happy if this is how he's used and if that continues, I'm eating crow on it gladly.

You should try some crow. My favorite was Shildt winning manager of the year after you bashed him all 2019 in GDTs.
Not sure why you think I believe you have a personal problem with Albert. Of course I am only referring to the signing.

Shildt was a "meh" manager. A bit too old school for me, but I certainly didn't bash him day in and day out in 2019. That's just fake news.
dmarx114 wrote:
September 29 21, 9:16 am
This is all in good fun. I have plenty of posts where I was wrong.
All in good fun, remember.
[SHOW]
2019 Shildt posts include:

dmarx114 wrote:
September 29 21, 9:16 am

Shildt is bad.

He manages like its 1985.

To many bunts. Not enough advanced metrics.

It’s matheny all over again.

Really disappointing.
Shildt was a 2021 NL manager of the year finalist and was fired, so I am not so sure "manager of the Year" is the best way to prove a point. That said, I wasn't hard on Shildt day in and day out.

But there are still plenty of posts where I am wrong. You just have to find the right ones!