CardsofSTL wrote:
May 15 22, 3:25 am
Bruiser Brody wrote:
May 14 22, 10:56 pm
Big Amoco Sign wrote:
May 14 22, 9:24 pm
Bruiser Brody wrote:
May 14 22, 7:22 pm
Welp. Donovan is clearly an everyday player. That much is obvious. Put him at SS permanently.
Wouldn’t go that far yet.

But his OBP is a plus at a premiere/utility position.

Gorman is coming and needs to play. This team is in dire need of pop. I see Donovan as an infield Nootbaar. Speedy OBP machine with defensive skills. No pop. Gorman in AAA working in plate discipline is fine but he’s like top 3 hitter last time I checked down there.

If Donovan is a .345+ OBP guy in 150 or so more PAs then I agree, needs to play.
No pop?? Everything he hits is hard. I’m a believer in this guy. You watch, he’ll be in the lineup somewhere going forward.
He certainly deserves to be in the lineup right now; but he could also come back to Earth. Too soon to tell what his role will turn out to be but I would think he is destined for a utility assignment. And there is nothing wrong with that; every team depends on a versatile bench player.
No I expect him to come back to earth eventually but at the moment no one is taking better AB's or showing more discipline at the plate. And he's hitting the piss out of the ball. I can't really tell how much range he has but I haven't noticed a glaring lack yet and his arm is surprisingly strong. I actually wouldn't mind seeing him hit 2nd.

Tags:

Big Amoco Sign
Master of Hyperbole

Re: 5/14 GDT: Giants(Junis) vs Cardinals(Hudson) 1:15 PM CT

Post by Big Amoco Sign »

ghostrunner wrote:
May 14 22, 9:48 pm
Missed most of this game. What the hell happened here from SF? I get he was on to them but how did they not see that?
Sosa is also impressive here.

Keeping his eye on home to make sure they don’t score before the tag and doesn’t throw to drag the rundown. Totally saved a run. Which would count if scored before any rundown completion.

Big Amoco Sign
Master of Hyperbole

Post by Big Amoco Sign »

CardsofSTL wrote:
May 15 22, 3:26 am
Radbird wrote:
May 14 22, 4:17 pm
I hope everyone appreciates the extra effort our GDT Master puts into these threads, constantly putting new relevant information as shown below at our fingertips.

Well done @CardsofSTL!

Thanks for feeding my mammoth ego Radbirdie.
Agree with RB, love the Statcast addition too. Good to see how players are hitting the ball despite results.

Radbird
There's someone in my head but it's not me

Post by Radbird »

Felix The Cat
Perennial All-Star

Post by Felix The Cat »