5/24 GDT: Blue Jays(Gausman) vs Cardinals(Hicks) 6:45 PM CT

Discuss all things Cardinals Baseball
CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Re: 5/24 GDT: Blue Jays(Gausman) vs Cardinals(Hicks) 6:45 PM CT

Post by CardsofSTL »

vinsanity wrote:
May 24 22, 8:30 pm
Sooo is the Hicks experiment coming to a close?
Also this exists

https://www.soulartistmanagement.com/in ... dan-hicks/

Tags:

dmarx114
Hall Of Famer

Post by dmarx114 »

The wheels are off.

vinsanity
Chili dog truther

Post by vinsanity »

CardsofSTL wrote:
May 24 22, 8:37 pm
vinsanity wrote:
Also this exists

https://www.soulartistmanagement.com/in ... dan-hicks/
I don't know what to say.

Big Amoco Sign
Master of Hyperbole

Post by Big Amoco Sign »

vinsanity wrote:
I agree with VHS that I think I prefer Hicks over Hudson. Hicks has so much better stuff and I’m willing to wait a bit to see if it develops. He is filthy.

vinsanity
Chili dog truther

Post by vinsanity »

Big Amoco Sign wrote:
May 24 22, 9:29 pm
vinsanity wrote:
I agree with VHS that I think I prefer Hicks over Hudson. Hicks has so much better stuff and I’m willing to wait a bit to see if it develops. He is filthy.
The issue with Hicks is not going deep enough in to games. It'd be one thing if he was the "sixth" starter but he's only even gotten out of the fourth twice in six starts, never out of the fifth. The team is 2-4 in his starts (4-4 with Hudson) and his only decisions as a starter are LOSSES. Hudson has been pretty decent this year results wise. For a fourth or fifth starter you prefer a guy who will go scoreless or give up five to a guy who will just give up three every start. Hudson is the former, Hicks is the latter.

Im fine stretching him out and seeing but it's really taxing the bullpen and costing games and should really be done at AAA.

Magneto2.0
Hall Of Famer

Post by Magneto2.0 »

vinsanity wrote:
May 24 22, 9:52 pm
Big Amoco Sign wrote:
May 24 22, 9:29 pm
vinsanity wrote:
The issue with Hicks is not going deep enough in to games. It'd be one thing if he was the "sixth" starter but he's only even gotten out of the fourth twice in six starts, never out of the fifth. The team is 2-4 in his starts (4-4 with Hudson) and his only decisions as a starter are LOSSES. Hudson has been pretty decent this year results wise. For a fourth or fifth starter you prefer a guy who will go scoreless or give up five to a guy who will just give up three every start. Hudson is the former, Hicks is the latter.

Im fine stretching him out and seeing but it's really taxing the bullpen and costing games and should really be done at AAA.
Hudson has walked 19 batters and has 22 ks in 40 innings pitched with a 4.88 FIP. He's going to implode at any minute. He needs to be out the rotation asap. I'm not mad at your argument about Hicks may need to be stretched out in AAA instead of the majors, but we really don't have any better options that will clearly give us more innings. They're not gonna push Liberatore.

Jedibaracuda
Veteran Player

Post by Jedibaracuda »

I don’t love Hudson, but he’s more likely to eat innings than Hicks and right now Hicks isn’t getting it done even with the few innings he is taking on. He’s just not built to be stretched out like this.

All we can hope for now is that our Hicks starts line up with opposing team’s aces like today where our offense isn’t going to give our starter much run support anyway.

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

vinsanity
Chili dog truther

Post by vinsanity »

Magneto2.0 wrote:
May 24 22, 10:13 pm
Hudson has walked 19 batters and has 22 ks in 40 innings pitched with a 4.88 FIP. He's going to implode at any minute. He needs to be out the rotation asap. I'm not mad at your argument about Hicks may need to be stretched out in AAA instead of the majors, but we really don't have any better options that will clearly give us more innings. They're not gonna push Liberatore.
Good point; and the question is it, not should it. Seems like salient of options would point to "no".

The situation was so easy to see coming; it happens EVERY year with this club and they never address it. Wonder which scrap heap starter they'll trade for this year.

MrCrowesGarden
'Burb Boy

Post by MrCrowesGarden »

Rondon will probably get the next shot.

They should have signed a good starter and then Matz. Having him be the signature piece in an all-in year was pitiful.