How Albert Pujols is using his final season to mentor a budding St. Louis Cardinals slugger

Discuss all things Cardinals Baseball
Jocephus
99% conan clips

How Albert Pujols is using his final season to mentor a budding St. Louis Cardinals slugger

Post by Jocephus »

CHICAGO -- Stepping into a major league clubhouse for the first time can be an intimidating experience for any rookie. For Juan Yepez, who joined the St. Louis Cardinals on May 3 after spending the first month of the season in Triple-A Memphis, he was about to join a locker room full of some of the biggest stars in the game. Fortunately, he had a friendly face waiting to greet him as he walked through the visitor's side of Kauffman Stadium ahead of his major league debut a day later -- Albert Pujols.

"You look around, there's all these future Hall of Famers we have," Yepez said earlier this week. "But when I got called up in Kansas City, the first guy who saw me was Albert. He gave me a huge hug, said it was good to have me here.

"That meant the world to me."
https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/340 ... ls-slugger

Radbird
There's someone in my head but it's not me

Re: How Albert Pujols is using his final season to mentor a budding St. Louis Cardinals slugger

Post by Radbird »

JoeMcKim
Perennial All-Star

Re: How Albert Pujols is using his final season to mentor a budding St. Louis Cardinals slugger

Post by JoeMcKim »

I think next years Cardinals HOF they need to waive the 3 year wait for Albert and just let him in right away.

Joe Shlabotnik
Hall Of Famer

Post by Joe Shlabotnik »

JoeMcKim wrote:
June 28 22, 7:30 am
I think next years Cardinals HOF they need to waive the 3 year wait for Albert and just let him in right away.
Hell, induct him and Yadi before the final home game this year. They are at the Hornsby/Musial/Gibson all-time-baseball-greats territory. Why wait?

JoeMcKim
Perennial All-Star

Post by JoeMcKim »

Joe Shlabotnik wrote:
June 28 22, 7:45 am
JoeMcKim wrote:
June 28 22, 7:30 am
Hell, induct him and Yadi before the final home game this year. They are at the Hornsby/Musial/Gibson all-time-baseball-greats territory. Why wait?
I would try to spread out Albert, Molina, Yadi to all be inducted in separate years. No point in shooting your load with 3 headliner inductees in the same year then the years before and after induct some only okay players.

Big Amoco Sign
Master of Hyperbole

Post by Big Amoco Sign »

Joe Shlabotnik wrote:
June 28 22, 7:45 am
Why wait?
Delicious ticket sale money.