College World Series

Discuss all things Cardinals Baseball
MrCrowesGarden
'Burb Boy

Re: College World Series

Post by MrCrowesGarden »

#1 fails to make it to Omaha. Tennessee with a 57-9 record is eliminated by Notre Dame in the Super Regionals.

AWvsCBsteeeerike3
"I could totally eat a pig butt, if smoked correctly!"

Post by AWvsCBsteeeerike3 »

Pretty compelling bracket with Texas/OU/Texas A&M/Notre Dame. Not sure how much history ND has with any of those schools, but the other three have a long history/rivalry.

The other bracket is three SEC west teams and Stanford, the #2 seed overall. Have to imagine that bracket is going to be a grind. FWIW, I went to the Arkansas/Ole Miss game in Fayetteville in late April iirc. Ole Miss was just finding its stride and took 2 of 3 relatively hard fought/well played games.

MrCrowesGarden
'Burb Boy

Post by MrCrowesGarden »

AWvsCBsteeeerike3 wrote:
June 14 22, 6:56 am
Pretty compelling bracket with Texas/OU/Texas A&M/Notre Dame. Not sure how much history ND has with any of those schools, but the other three have a long history/rivalry.

The other bracket is three SEC west teams and Stanford, the #2 seed overall. Have to imagine that bracket is going to be a grind. FWIW, I went to the Arkansas/Ole Miss game in Fayetteville in late April iirc. Ole Miss was just finding its stride and took 2 of 3 relatively hard fought/well played games.
A CWS in total with Texas/OU/A&M/Arkansas could get pretty feisty.

phins
Sobbing quietly during Fox programming

Post by phins »

Ole Miss the last team in, but also the team who spent the second most time at #1 this season.

When I saw them in Miami’s bracket I kind of cringed. Miami had them beat and then a two-strike opposite field duck fell in against their All-American closer or they would’ve been done.

Baseball can be a beauty, but it can also rip out your heart.

AWvsCBsteeeerike3

Ole Miss, who hasn't lost a game yet in the CWS, has to take 1 of the next 2 from Arkansas to advance to the finals. Winner of that bracket faces OU or aTm. OU, similar to Ole Miss, has to take 1 of the next 2. Arkansas and aTm need to win two in a row against Ole Miss and OU, respectively, to advance.

I like the SEC, and I despise OU, but I really don't know that it's all that great for college baseball in general to have a finals showdown with two teams from the same division. And, if aTm comes back, that's guaranteed to happen.

MrCrowesGarden
'Burb Boy

Post by MrCrowesGarden »

I get that MLB is slanted toward high school over college, but I was still surprised to learn that Frank Thomas is the only SEC player in the Baseball Hall of Fame.

MrCrowesGarden
'Burb Boy

Post by MrCrowesGarden »

Ole Miss vs OU

AWvsCBsteeeerike3

The last two games of Arkansas/Ole Miss were awesome. The 2-0 win today by Ole Miss felt like it was an even more lopsided win, though, than the final score given how well DeLucia pitched. Kudos to him, it's not like Arkansas lacked firepower up and down the lineup. And, I think they got a baserunner to 2nd one time, and that was courtesy of back to back 2 out infield singles followed by a first pitch ground out to the next batter.