Jose Quintana to the Cardinals

Discuss all things Cardinals Baseball
MinorLeagueGuy
The Angst is Real

Re: Jose Quintana to the Cardinals

Post by MinorLeagueGuy »

heyzeus wrote:
August 1 22, 10:00 pm
Not too shabby. Not aces, but cost very little to acquire. Adding Stratton to the bullpen should prove useful and bumps out our worst arm.
After Palante's last outing, I'm ready for Hudson to take a back seat. I feel like Stratton just solidified us in how we approach mid-game pen use.

Lesson
Grandmaster Flashchat

Post by Lesson »

JoeMcKim wrote:
August 2 22, 6:56 am
The Pirates have just signed Ke'Bryan Hayes long term to be their third baseman. Did the Pirates just trade for someone who's blocked from potentially having a starting job in the majors?
Nuñez can play 3B, but chances are his future is at 1B or DH.

MrCrowesGarden
'Burb Boy

Post by MrCrowesGarden »

Oviedo was a helluva teammate, traveling a billion miles to make sure he could be there for his team and not miss any games. Nuñez was a likely Rule 5 candidate for the Cardinals who figures to get a shot in Pittsburgh. I wish them both well.

Phansett
Fringe Major League Player

Post by Phansett »

Heroics to attend a game falls flat when the individual was not competent at maintaining his passport current. He simply resolved a self-inflicted burden.

And didn’t he lose a ridiculous number of consecutive games last year. I know W-L is passé for pitchers, but if we talk WAR (and variations thereof), literally any of us could have been his replacement level and lost that many games in a row.

Hope for the best for nuñez, but no room here. His best case was yepez, imo.

MrCrowesGarden
'Burb Boy

Post by MrCrowesGarden »

I believe the Cuban embassy is hugely backlogged.

Lesson
Grandmaster Flashchat

Post by Lesson »

Phansett wrote:
August 2 22, 7:48 am
Heroics to attend a game falls flat when the individual was not competent at maintaining his passport current. He simply resolved a self-inflicted burden.

And didn’t he lose a ridiculous number of consecutive games last year. I know W-L is passé for pitchers, but if we talk WAR (and variations thereof), literally any of us could have been his replacement level and lost that many games in a row.

Hope for the best for nuñez, but no room here. His best case was yepez, imo.
The issue with his passport had to do with issues involving a backlog with Cuban processes. I believe he had been trying since January to resolve the issue.

GeddyWrox
Caught you a delicious bass

Post by GeddyWrox »

Think Mo is done??

go birds
-go birds

Post by go birds »

i think if we're being honest with ourselves...we don't really need soto. itd be great to have him, but the SP needs to be bolstered. how to go about that, i dont know considering the best arm is off the market, but i suppose a syndergaard or rodon would be good additions.

so with that said, if mo is done, i'll be more disappointed if we didnt get another arm more than if we didn't get soto.

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Post by CardsofSTL »

Good move. Do more.

haltz
Hall Of Famer

Post by haltz »

I can't wait for next spring when Quintana is gone and the Cards start talking about stretching out Helsley