8/4/2022 Other Games

Discuss all things Cardinals Baseball
Magneto2.0
Hall Of Famer

Re: 8/4/2022 Other Games

Post by Magneto2.0 »

They called the Phillies game after 5 innings. I never see that anymore.

Radbird
There's someone in my head but it's not me

Post by Radbird »

Crew still searching for post-Hader mojo.
The obvious question was this: Did the trade disrupt the good thing the Brewers had going?

“You’d be lying if you said it didn’t have an effect, but at the same time it’s like, we’re pros,” Christian Yelich said. “You’ve got to do what you’ve got to do to perform at your best and get the job done. We weren’t able to do that those last three days. That didn’t really have anything to do with not having Josh.

“I know that’s probably going to be a storyline and the thing that’s talked about, especially because of the timing. But we just didn’t play good enough. We just have to regroup, get back out there [Friday against the Reds at home], get back on track and stack a few in a row and see if we can get back headed in the right direction.”

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

Radbird wrote:
August 5 22, 7:11 am
Crew still searching for post-Hader mojo.
The obvious question was this: Did the trade disrupt the good thing the Brewers had going?

“You’d be lying if you said it didn’t have an effect, but at the same time it’s like, we’re pros,” Christian Yelich said. “You’ve got to do what you’ve got to do to perform at your best and get the job done. We weren’t able to do that those last three days. That didn’t really have anything to do with not having Josh.

“I know that’s probably going to be a storyline and the thing that’s talked about, especially because of the timing. But we just didn’t play good enough. We just have to regroup, get back out there [Friday against the Reds at home], get back on track and stack a few in a row and see if we can get back headed in the right direction.”
i went to what i assume was the "official" brewers reddit page after yesterdays loss and it was fairly doom and gloom, not just the game but the series and the deadline deal of course. i suppose it wasn't too different than here when things get frustrating but it was interesting/slightly amusing to see.