Swapping Bader/DC for DC/Lars

Discuss all things Cardinals Baseball
Bruiser Brody
Veteran Player

Swapping Bader/DC for DC/Lars

Post by Bruiser Brody »

Defensively how big a drop off is there really? DC has been the better CF this season range wise and Lars has a far better arm than Bader does. Maybe a slight drop off overall but Lars is still very good. Hitting to me isn’t close. I like Lars more now and think he has a much better shot at sustainable success long term.

heyzeus
Everday Unicorn

Re: Swapping Bader/DC for DC/Lars

Post by heyzeus »

I think it’s real to wonder what plantar fasciitis does to Bader’s game, permanently. I want him to succeed in NY but it’s a problem that has plagued a lot of players long term.

JoeMcKim
Perennial All-Star

Post by JoeMcKim »

Isn't plantar fasciitis basically the reason that Jacoby Ellsbury's contract with the Yankees was so bad?

G. Keenan
Sucking on the Rally Nipple

Post by G. Keenan »

I'm not too worried about it. Carlson has played a good center and can hopefully get better with more time there. More importantly, like @phins says, Bader can't hit and it doesn't look like he ever will.

go birds
-go birds

Post by go birds »

pujols was basically forced to 1B because of plantar fascitus

obucard
Perennial All-Star

Post by obucard »

go birds wrote:
August 5 22, 9:46 am
I thought it was a balky elbow that moved him to 1B. PF came later (and put him in the running [hah!] for slowest ballplayer alive).

go birds
-go birds

Post by go birds »

obucard wrote:
August 5 22, 10:18 am
go birds wrote:
August 5 22, 9:46 am
I thought it was a balky elbow that moved him to 1B. PF came later (and put him in the running [hah!] for slowest ballplayer alive).
it was definitely tongue in cheek...womp womp

Bruiser Brody
Veteran Player

Post by Bruiser Brody »

Clearly Noot is the better long term option but I think for the immediate future I still like Noot better. If the hitting/power numbers are going to be close I'll always take the LH option and I realize Bader's a GG OF but I just don't think there's going to be much dropoff with DC in CF and Noot in right.

phins
Sobbing quietly during Fox programming

Post by phins »

Bruiser Brody wrote:
August 5 22, 11:21 am
Clearly Noot is the better long term option but I think for the immediate future I still like Noot better. If the hitting/power numbers are going to be close I'll always take the LH option and I realize Bader's a GG OF but I just don't think there's going to be much dropoff with DC in CF and Noot in right.
I'm a sucker for Lars because I like walks and Noot will take one.

Bruiser Brody
Veteran Player

Post by Bruiser Brody »

phins wrote:
August 5 22, 4:23 pm
Bruiser Brody wrote:
August 5 22, 11:21 am
I'm a sucker for Lars because I like walks and Noot will take one.
I couldn't agree more. Trait for trait I like Noot better. He can make some plays a little more adventurous than they need to be in RF on occasion but again his arm is substantially stronger than Bader's. And at the plate to me it's not really close. I'm a walk guy also.