Padres' Fernando Tatis Jr. violates MLB PED policy, hit with 80 Game Suspension

Discuss all things Cardinals Baseball
CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Re: Padres' Fernando Tatis Jr. violates MLB PED policy, hit with 80 Game Suspension

Post by CardsofSTL »

Joe Shlabotnik wrote:
August 15 22, 6:56 pm
CardsofSTL wrote:
August 15 22, 6:37 pm
Fernando has to be on his son's side, but rules is rules
You can say that again.
An internet hiccup made a fool of me :cry:

Famous Mortimer
Perennial All-Star

Re: Padres' Fernando Tatis Jr. violates MLB PED policy, hit with 80 Game Suspension

Post by Famous Mortimer »

heyzeus wrote:
August 15 22, 9:07 am
I wonder how many players still are roiding and getting away with it. The fact that a few get caught every year obviously suggests that there are others that don't. Wonder what the thought process is. I imagine there are some players who think they can game the system, probably with inside information on the testing schedule? Like, "my man bobby is in the league office, and he told me i won't be peeing in a cup until Aug 10, so I can get a cycle in and piss clean by then." Then it turns out Bobby was off by a week, and he's screwed? Gotta be something like that.
Given the reaction by the rest of the team, I'd hazard a guess it's a very small number. Because if you're the "drug cheats are [expletive]" guy on Monday, it makes it twenty times worse if you're the guy popping a positive test on Tuesday.

heyzeus
Everday Unicorn

Post by heyzeus »

Famous Mortimer wrote:
August 16 22, 9:54 am
heyzeus wrote:
August 15 22, 9:07 am
I wonder how many players still are roiding and getting away with it. The fact that a few get caught every year obviously suggests that there are others that don't. Wonder what the thought process is. I imagine there are some players who think they can game the system, probably with inside information on the testing schedule? Like, "my man bobby is in the league office, and he told me i won't be peeing in a cup until Aug 10, so I can get a cycle in and piss clean by then." Then it turns out Bobby was off by a week, and he's screwed? Gotta be something like that.
Given the reaction by the rest of the team, I'd hazard a guess it's a very small number. Because if you're the "drug cheats are [expletive]" guy on Monday, it makes it twenty times worse if you're the guy popping a positive test on Tuesday.

sighyoung
Mayor of GRB

Post by sighyoung »

CardsofSTL wrote:

Tatis, Sr. could have paraphrased the song better, but guess it's close enough.

Leroy
a bad penny always turns up
Location: Hanging out with my redneck, white socks and Blue Ribbon beer.

Post by Leroy »

CardsofSTL wrote:
August 16 22, 9:19 am
Joe Shlabotnik wrote:
August 15 22, 6:56 pm
CardsofSTL wrote:
You can say that again.
An internet hiccup made a fool of me :cry:
As Milli Vanilli once lip-synched, "Blame it on the Ringworm, yeah, yeah"

JoeMcKim
Perennial All-Star

Post by JoeMcKim »

Fernando Tatis Jr. has just lost his endorsement deal with Nike.

AdmiralKird
MBA, CPA, CFA, CFP, JD, PE, MD

Post by AdmiralKird »

Just don't do it.

Radbird
There's someone in my head but it's not me

Post by Radbird »

It was Adidas.

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

With the Padres advancing the NL Division Series, Fernando Tatis Jr.'s 80-game suspension will conclude no later than April 26.

Had the Padres lost in the NL Wild Card round to the Mets, Tatis Jr. would've been sidelined until May 1. The 23-year-old shortstop missed the first few months of the 2022 season after undergoing wrist surgery and was handed an 80-game suspension after testing positive for a performance-enhancing substance in mid-August. There's a chance he could return on April 27 when the Padres take on the Cubs.
Source: Kevin Acee on Twitter
Oct 10, 2022, 9:46 AM ET