belicose bumpkin
Everyday Player

The Angels just played some kinda 9th inning

Post by belicose bumpkin »

JoeMcKim
Perennial All-Star

Re: The Angels just played some kinda 9th inning

Post by JoeMcKim »

Shohei Ohtani will be next years big trade deadline deal. No way that Shohei will continue playing with the Angels in 2024.

jack76
Everyday Player

Post by jack76 »

Time to start negotiating with the Angels to see how much of Trout's contract they are going to eat.

Birdfan57
Veteran Player

Post by Birdfan57 »

belicose bumpkin wrote:
August 15 22, 11:12 pm
What a clown show. I missed the 9th inning, fell asleep in the chair. I just watched the 9th on Angels Bally Sports network. Hilarious. The Angels "homer" announcers were in disbelief. Little league teams can play better baseball than that.
Thanks for the video with the Seattle announcers.

Birdfan57
Veteran Player

Post by Birdfan57 »

jack76 wrote:
August 16 22, 7:33 am
Time to start negotiating with the Angels to see how much of Trout's contract they are going to eat.
I might be a little leery of Trout. He's a great player, no doubt, but in the Angels last 275 games, he's only played in 115 and not really known when he's getting back in the lineup. He's only played 140 games in a season once since 2016. Obviously the 2020 season shouldn't be used against him, he played 53 of the 60. He's coming up injured a lot, maybe to muscled up. The Angels would have to eat a ton of $$. Would Trout be exciting for Cardinals fans? Yes, obviously. But can he keep himself off the injured list?

phins
Sobbing quietly during Fox programming

Post by phins »

Birdfan57 wrote:
August 16 22, 10:17 am
jack76 wrote:
August 16 22, 7:33 am
I might be a little leery of Trout. He's a great player, no doubt, but in the Angels last 275 games, he's only played in 115 and not really known when he's getting back in the lineup. He's only played 140 games in a season once since 2016. Obviously the 2020 season shouldn't be used against him, he played 53 of the 60. He's coming up injured a lot, maybe to muscled up. The Angels would have to eat a ton of $$. Would Trout be exciting for Cardinals fans? Yes, obviously. But can he keep himself off the injured list?
Back injuries to players are tough. I don't think I would be in favor of the cost to acquire him, either.

Birdfan57
Veteran Player

Post by Birdfan57 »

JoeMcKim wrote:
August 16 22, 7:22 am
Shohei Ohtani will be next years big trade deadline deal. No way that Shohei will continue playing with the Angels in 2024.
Been rumblings here in So Cal that he's getting frustrated with the organization. The organization is such a joke right now.
I'm getting tired of seeing him umpiring while in the batter's box. Shaking his head "no" at the ump even if the ump's strike call was correct. Even Mark Gubicza
"Angels homer TV color man" said last night that the ump's call was right.