9/20 GDT: Cardinals(Wainwright) vs Padres(Clevinger) 8:40 PM CT

Discuss all things Cardinals Baseball
Jocephus
99% conan clips

Re: 9/20 GDT: Cardinals(Wainwright) vs Padres(Clevinger) 8:40 PM CT

Post by Jocephus »

Adam Wainwright acknowledged late Tuesday that he has been battling arm fatigue.

Wainwright allowed four earned runs over six innings in a loss to the Padres on Tuesday night in San Diego and now has a 5.57 ERA through four starts in September. "I’m still in it, I’m in the battle," said the 41-year-old right-hander. "My body feels great, but with my arm, there’s just no explosiveness to anything right now." He's probably a risky fantasy play for his next scheduled turn Sunday versus the Dodgers.
Source: Cardinals.mlb.com
Sep 21, 2022, 1:42 PM ET

Tags:

MinorLeagueGuy
The Angst is Real

Re: 9/20 GDT: Cardinals(Wainwright) vs Padres(Clevinger) 8:40 PM CT

Post by MinorLeagueGuy »

Jocephus wrote:
September 21 22, 12:51 pm
Adam Wainwright acknowledged late Tuesday that he has been battling arm fatigue.

Wainwright allowed four earned runs over six innings in a loss to the Padres on Tuesday night in San Diego and now has a 5.57 ERA through four starts in September. "I’m still in it, I’m in the battle," said the 41-year-old right-hander. "My body feels great, but with my arm, there’s just no explosiveness to anything right now." He's probably a risky fantasy play for his next scheduled turn Sunday versus the Dodgers.
Source: Cardinals.mlb.com
Sep 21, 2022, 1:42 PM ET
He goes on to say, that right now he's going through the longest phase of dead arm in his entire career. Longer than when he wanted to retire a few years ago. Also, that typically his dead arm happens in mid-summer, and that September is usually his best month.