9/21 GDT: Cardinals(Mikolas) vs Padres(Snell) 8:40 PM CT

Discuss all things Cardinals Baseball
Radbird
There's someone in my head but it's not me

Re: 9/21 GDT: Cardinals(Mikolas) vs Padres(Snell) 8:40 PM CT

Post by Radbird »

Famous Mortimer wrote:
September 22 22, 7:50 am
Read on Twitter, couldn't figure out how to check - were it not for the extra innings runner on 2nd thing, we'd be flirting with the all-time record for scoreless innings in a row.
I think they talked about it on TV. We’re at 42 or so, record is like 47. Danny mentioned something about the ghost runner but I was nodding off and didn’t catch it all.

Tags:

heyzeus
Everday Unicorn

Post by heyzeus »

This week is probably going to rank somewhere in the 20 or so worst weeks of my life. Sorry I can't be more scientifically precise just yet.

MinorLeagueGuy
The Angst is Real

Post by MinorLeagueGuy »

dmarx114 wrote:
September 22 22, 7:22 am
MinorLeagueGuy wrote:
September 22 22, 7:17 am
Release DeJong. I swear this team doesn't put things together when he's here. I bet he's not liked in the clubhouse either.
That's not nice.
I care not about fee-fee's.

MinorLeagueGuy
The Angst is Real

Post by MinorLeagueGuy »

We may not score on the entire road trip.

Jedibaracuda
Veteran Player

Post by Jedibaracuda »

This team has always struggled with consistency. They look like world beaters one series. The next, they can’t score to save their lives. It is true, though, this team has looked especially bad on the road and the slumping right at the tail end of the season too.

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

i think it was a ben clemens comment/chat where he mentioned that stl offense this year has basically been at a 90th percentile clip which while great is also very lucky. either the floor is collapsing or the ceiling is sinking. if this is how the offense shows up in the playoffs it'll be the fastest 3 games ever.

cardsfantx
Hall Of Famer

Post by cardsfantx »

don't worry guys! just one more game with SD, then we get to move on to *checks schedule* the dodgers

it's fine....this is fine

sighyoung
Mayor of GRB

Post by sighyoung »

I wouldn't be surprised to learn that several players need some rest to heal up from the long season and in preparation for the playoffs, and that need is coming at a time when they are trying to clinch the division.

That coupled with an offense that definitely needs to be more balanced. Edman's recent production has been very good, but too many players are slumping at the same time. O'Neill is out and has had a disappointing season. De Jong is clearly a bench player at this point. Carlson has had a disappointing season at the plate. Offense from the catchers has been poor.

Famous Mortimer
Perennial All-Star

Post by Famous Mortimer »

sighyoung wrote:
September 22 22, 9:31 am
I wouldn't be surprised to learn that several players need some rest to heal up from the long season and in preparation for the playoffs, and that need is coming at a time when they are trying to clinch the division.
My first thought is, why is this need for rest affecting the Cardinals more than the teams they're facing?

DeadMoney
Veteran Player

Post by DeadMoney »

heyzeus wrote:
September 22 22, 8:01 am
This week is probably going to rank somewhere in the 20 or so worst weeks of my life. Sorry I can't be more scientifically precise just yet.
Haha!! I love these posts.