Discuss all things Cardinals Baseball
MinorLeagueGuy
The Angst is Real

Re: 9/25 GDT: Cardinals(Wainwright) vs Dodgers(Grove) 3:10 PM CT

Post by MinorLeagueGuy »

booger71 wrote:
September 26 22, 1:22 pm
Goldy has a case of the sads
I sure hope he doesn't get Sudden Adult Death Syndrome..

Tags:

Popeye_Card
GRB's most intelligent & humble poster

Post by Popeye_Card »

I know Arenado has dazzling defensive plays every year, but damn he has made some ridiculous plays this year. No matter how many times I watch that play where he barehands the high chopper behind the mound and throws a dart to Goldy in one motion - I'm still floored that anyone could make that play.

Damn, that throw to third on the bunt against Tampa Bay too. Insane.

JoeMcKim
Perennial All-Star

Post by JoeMcKim »

heyzeus wrote:
September 26 22, 1:23 pm
Famous Mortimer wrote:
September 26 22, 1:18 pm
WAR God wrote:
September 26 22, 5:33 am
I don’t want to jinx it, but it feels like he might have lost his hold on the NL MVP?
I wonder how many other MVP front runners played like Goldschmidt has the last month of the season and still won.
So, uh, Arenado is now the NL leader in WAR (7.1) with Goldy and Machado (7.0) tied for second. I couldn't argue against Arenado winning that trophy, he's been phenomenal all year.
With MLB going to a more balanced schedule next year I think they should still keep all of the AL and NL awards but also give out MLB MVP, MLB Cy Young and MLB ROY awards. Like for example this year Judge would be both the AL and MLB MVP winner.

AWvsCBsteeeerike3
"I could totally eat a pig butt, if smoked correctly!"

Post by AWvsCBsteeeerike3 »

Popeye_Card wrote:
September 26 22, 1:37 pm
I know Arenado has dazzling defensive plays every year, but damn he has made some ridiculous plays this year. No matter how many times I watch that play where he barehands the high chopper behind the mound and throws a dart to Goldy in one motion - I'm still floored that anyone could make that play.

Damn, that throw to third on the bunt against Tampa Bay too. Insane.
I think the next play on the video, the short hop that he barehands and fires on the run, is even more difficult. The high chop at least lets him get his feet set, position his hand/body to be ready to throw, and the ball is falling so it's easy to judge. 'All' he has to do is make sure to catch it. Once he does, his feet are set and hand is already in place to fire to first.

The spin on the short hop barehander doesn't let him do any of that, so it's just pure athleticism being able to catch the ball and get his body into a position to throw, then throw off balanced all in a split second.

Also, Goldy's pick on that probably 90mph rocket from more/less the pitchers mound on that high chopper is rather impressive as well.