-go birds

Do you care if Judge hits 62?

Post by go birds »

I know i don't.

Popeye_Card
GRB's most intelligent & humble poster

Re: Do you care if Judge hits 62?

Post by Popeye_Card »

I don't care a ton, but I think it is interesting. I do find it amusing that they are giving it way more attention than breaking just a league record normally would, because everybody still views it as the legitimate record.

go birds
-go birds

Post by go birds »

Popeye_Card wrote:
September 29 22, 12:33 pm
I don't care a ton, but I think it is interesting. I do find it amusing that they are giving it way more attention than breaking just a league record normally would, because everybody still views it as the legitimate record.
yea they will be doing live cut-ins during college football because apparently the powers that be think anyone outside of NYC really needs to see this

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

"care" is a hard word to define in this question. im not watching every at bat but i also find it interesting. its still a really high number that has rarely been exceeded so seems worth acknowledging/appreciating but i wouldn't have been heartbroken if he didn't reach or pass 61.

Radbird
There's someone in my head but it's not me

Post by Radbird »

Living in the East Coast bias bubble, it’s hard for me to distinguish because I deal with it all the time.

I will say that I have grown to like Judge as a player and person. He’s got kind of a Goldy-like aww shucks humbleness that I find refreshing (Maris was like that too). Too bad he’s a Yankee.

Leroy
a bad penny always turns up
Location: Hanging out with my redneck, white socks and Blue Ribbon beer.

Post by Leroy »

I thought Jeter's home run record would never be broke.

Transmogrified Tiger
Puppy Murderer

Post by Transmogrified Tiger »

I think Judge is having such a great season that his HR total is neat and interesting. I don't put any value on 62 so that incremental HR compared to 60, 61, or 63 I don't really care about.

heyzeus
Everday Unicorn

Post by heyzeus »

Transmogrified Tiger wrote:
September 29 22, 1:00 pm
I think Judge is having such a great season that his HR total is neat and interesting. I don't put any value on 62 so that incremental HR compared to 60, 61, or 63 I don't really care about.
Same.

It's interesting in that exceedingly few humans have ever topped 60 HR, and to do so in a triple crown season is really a season for the ages. Like, his 2022 will be in the same category as say Babe Ruth's 1927 season.

But yeah I don't care that it's a new AL record, and like it or not it's not the MLB record, so i put "no."

MinorLeagueGuy
The Angst is Real

Post by MinorLeagueGuy »

I care because that means I'll be gifted a free Aaron Judge 99 overall card in MLB The Show.

cardsfantx
Hall Of Famer

Post by cardsfantx »

go birds wrote:
September 29 22, 12:34 pm
Popeye_Card wrote:
September 29 22, 12:33 pm
yea they will be doing live cut-ins during college football because apparently the powers that be think anyone outside of NYC really needs to see this
I mean they did the same thing for Pujols chasing 700 HRs and that is no record of any kind (the live cut in while watching other sports)

I'm more impressed with the triple crown/if he can hold onto that