JoeMcKim wrote: ↑
October 2 22, 3:40 am
Joe Shlabotnik wrote: ↑
October 2 22, 3:24 am
Birdfan57 wrote: ↑
October 1 22, 10:47 pm
October 1 22, 8:08 pm
I'm watching the Pirate first baseman tonight. Definitely better than the Worst First Baseman in the League don't you think?
Are you kidding referring to Goldschmidt as the Worst First Baseman in the League?
4 time Gold Glove winner, .997 career fielding average, 1 error this season.
Yes I am. There was a poster that claimed that very thing based on some new metric.
At some point there is too many metrics. Most of these metrics most people don't even know what they mean.
I think we can all agree that everybody loves wOBACON. πŸ₯“

Tags:

heyzeus
Everday Unicorn

Re: 10/1 GDT: Pirates(Ortiz) vs Cardinals(Montgomery) 6:15 PM CT

Post by heyzeus »

I do love bacon. Definitely one thing my people screwed up on. Yes pig could kill you like 4000 years ago. But today? Just deliciousness.

Birdfan57
Veteran Player

Post by Birdfan57 »

I'm watching the Pirate first baseman tonight. Definitely better than the Worst First Baseman in the League don't you think?
Are you kidding referring to Goldschmidt as the Worst First Baseman in the League?
Yes I am. There was a poster that claimed that very thing based on some new metric.
OK. I enjoy your insight on the game and had a hard time thinking that you thought he wasn't a good defensive player. He may not be the equal of Keith Hernandez, but he is no slouch.

Joe Shlabotnik
Hall Of Famer

Post by Joe Shlabotnik »

October 2 22, 8:52 am
OK. I enjoy your insight on the game and had a hard time thinking that you thought he wasn't a good defensive player. He may not be the equal of Keith Hernandez, but he is no slouch.
Yeah, I think the metric the poster quoted put Goldy last among all because of his abysmal range. But, as you allude to, his errors are top or middle of the pack, and he catches just about everything thrown his way. I say 'WOW!' about his scoops a lot more than I say 'Damn - even Albert would have gotten to that one!' about him missing a single he should have snagged for an out. In fact, I don't remember ever saying that last thing.