PNC Park - Pittsburgh, PA
Listen: Cardinals - KMOX 1120/Pirates - KDKA 93.7
Watch: Cardinals - BSMW, MLBN/Pirates - ATTP, MLBN

Tags:

Radbird
There's someone in my head but it's not me

Re: 10/3 GDT: Cardinals(TBD) @ Pirates(Keller) 5:35 PM CT

Post by Radbird »

More to come once the Cards decide who’s pitching.

heyzeus
Everday Unicorn

Post by heyzeus »

I like to win, generally, even though it doesn't matter currently.

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

could get up to 95 wins if they "try"...which is certainly a nice number

MinorLeagueGuy
The Angst is Real

Post by MinorLeagueGuy »

Weird start time, after a delayed start time the day before. Glob it would've been nice to win yesterday.

Joe Shlabotnik
Hall Of Famer

Post by Joe Shlabotnik »

I'm sure they will let the kids play and that may help get them sharper for the playoffs. We can dream.

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

Miles Mikolas and José Quintana will pitch on Monday against the Pirates.

The exact order has yet to be determined, but both Mikolas and Quintana are expected to turn in abbreviated outings on Monday evening in their final regular-season tune-ups before the postseason. Fantasy managers shouldn't expect either pitcher to work deep into Monday's series opener in Pittsburgh.

Source: Katie Woo on Twitter
Oct 3, 2022, 11:51 AM ET
Tyler O'Neill (hamstring) will travel with the Cardinals for their final regular-season series against the Pirates.

It's unclear whether O'Neill will be activated, but he's been added to the club's taxi squad ahead of their final series in Pittsburgh before the postseason. The 27-year-old slugging outfielder has been out since mid-September due to a left hamstring strain.
Source: Katie Woo on Twitter
Oct 3, 2022, 11:53 AM ET

Radbird

Re: 10/3 GDT: Cardinals(Mikolas) @ Pirates(Keller) 5:35 PM CT

Post by Radbird »

Thanks, Joce. Looks like Mikolas is the presumed starter so plugged him in.

Edit: now it’s Quintana so added him.

Cardinals vs Keller -

Pirates vs Quintana -

Pirates vs Mikolas -

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

The St. Louis Cardinals are 36-34 on the road this season and are heavy favorites to beat the Pittsburgh Pirates who are 29-41 at home. The Cardinals have a better than 60% chance of winning based on 10,000 game simulations generated one play at a time by the AccuScore Simulation Supercomputer. Cardinals\' starter Miles Mikolas is forecasted to have a better game than Pirates\' starter Mitch Keller. Miles Mikolas has a 59% chance of having a Quality Start (QS) while Mitch Keller has a 31% chance of a QS. If Miles Mikolas has a quality start the Cardinals has a 81% chance of winning. His simulated strikeout to walk ratio is 5.3 and he has a 44% chance of having a 5 to 1 K/BB ratio. When he has a 5/1 ratio the Cardinals win 70%. In Mitch Keller quality starts the Pirates win 61%. He has a 15% chance of having a 5 to 1 K/BB ratio and if he does his team wins 61% of simulations. In simulations we tracked the batter for each team that was most productive based his average hits, walks and RBI per simulation. The most productive batter for the Pittsburgh Pirates is Bryan Reynolds who averaged 1.81 hits+walks+RBI. He has a 26% chance of having a big game with 3+ Hits, Walks, RBI and if he has a big game the Pirates have a 44% chance of winning. The most productive batter for the St. Louis Cardinals is Paul Goldschmidt who averaged 3.29 hits+walks+RBI. He has a 60% chance of having a big game with 3+ Hits, Walks, RBI and if he has a big game the Cardinals have a 78% chance of winning.

Radbird

Post by Radbird »

St. Louis Cardinals (92-67, first in the NL Central) vs. Pittsburgh Pirates (60-99, fifth in the NL Central)

Pittsburgh; Monday, 6:35 p.m. EDT

PITCHING PROBABLES: Cardinals: Miles Mikolas (12-13, 3.30 ERA, 1.03 WHIP, 153 strikeouts); Pirates: Mitch Keller (5-12, 3.92 ERA, 1.39 WHIP, 133 strikeouts)

BOTTOM LINE: The Pittsburgh Pirates, on a three-game home winning streak, host the St. Louis Cardinals.

Pittsburgh has a 60-99 record overall and a 32-46 record in home games. The Pirates have gone 31-70 in games when they have allowed at least one home run.

St. Louis has a 92-67 record overall and a 39-39 record on the road. The Cardinals have a 63-12 record in games when they have more hits than their opponents.

The teams meet Monday for the 17th time this season. The Cardinals are ahead 12-4 in the season series.

TOP PERFORMERS: Bryan Reynolds has 17 doubles, four triples and 27 home runs while hitting .260 for the Pirates. Jack Suwinski is 7-for-26 with two doubles and two home runs over the past 10 games.

Paul Goldschmidt has 41 doubles and 35 home runs for the Cardinals. Albert Pujols is 9-for-26 with a double, four home runs and 11 RBI over the last 10 games.

LAST 10 GAMES: Pirates: 5-5, .230 batting average, 3.94 ERA, outscored by one run

Cardinals: 5-5, .228 batting average, 3.24 ERA, outscored opponents by 13 runs

INJURIES: Pirates: Zack Collins: 10-Day IL (undisclosed), Wil Crowe: 15-Day IL (elbow), Eric Stout: 15-Day IL (undisclosed), JT Brubaker: 15-Day IL (lat), Colin Holderman: 60-Day IL (shoulder), Yerry De Los Santos: 60-Day IL (lat), Max Kranick: 60-Day IL (elbow), Canaan Smith-Njigba: 60-Day IL (wrist), Roberto Perez: 60-Day IL (hamstring), Blake Cederlind: 60-Day IL (elbow)

Cardinals: Jordan Hicks: 15-Day IL (neck), Tyler O'Neill: 10-Day IL (hamstring), Drew VerHagen: 60-Day IL (hip), Alex Reyes: 60-Day IL (shoulder)