Are we happy for Dusty Baker winning World Series?

Discuss all things Cardinals Baseball

So, are we happy for Dusty Baker?

Sure. We'll let bygones be bygones
72%
Forget? I ain't forgot nothing!
28%

Total votes: 29

Fat_Bulldog
likes to grate his own cheese

Re: Are we happy for Dusty Baker winning World Series?

Post by Fat_Bulldog »

Yes. I like Dusty. (I hated him with the Cubs)

And, he wasn't part of the cheating scandal. Glad he got one as a manager.

GeddyWrox
Caught you a delicious bass

Post by GeddyWrox »

Just glad it wasn't with Cubs or Giants 😁

G. Keenan
Sucking on the Rally Nipple

Post by G. Keenan »

I have forgiven Dusty for making the Cubs good there for a little while. Didn't he have a stint in Cincinnati after that? It's possible I hallucinated that, but I will forgive him for that too.

So I'm happy for him. I like these old baseball guys, personally. Life comes at you fast. You look at the calendar one day and realize it's half over before you even got started. Guys like Dusty are a bridge to the past, our own pasts, and I like that. I'm in no hurry to see an iPad propped up against the Gatorade cooler running a statistical model managing the game.

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Post by CardsofSTL »

G. Keenan wrote:
November 10 22, 2:25 pm
I have forgiven Dusty for making the Cubs good there for a little while. Didn't he have a stint in Cincinnati after that? It's possible I hallucinated that, but I will forgive him for that too.

So I'm happy for him. I like these old baseball guys, personally. Life comes at you fast. You look at the calendar one day and realize it's half over before you even got started. Guys like Dusty are a bridge to the past, our own pasts, and I like that. I'm in no hurry to see an iPad propped up against the Gatorade cooler running a statistical model managing the game.
Giants, Cubs, Reds and Nationals were his teams prior to Houston if I remember correctly. I don't have anything against him but I don't care that he won any more than I would have cared if some other manager had won. No investment in him.