MLB Award Finalist

Discuss all things Cardinals Baseball
Popeye_Card
GRB's most intelligent & humble poster

Re: MLB Award Finalist

Post by Popeye_Card »

Personally, I wouldn't rank relievers very high - they have their own award. But some voters have, so that's why I don't really see anything odd about having Helsley that high. I wouldn't have had him there, but I don't vote.

I don't even know who Denton is, so I don't care to read anything about his justification for it. It is a 5th place vote for an award that had a unanimous winner. Why should anyone even care? Anything beyond 3rd place votes don't even affect things unless it is a really contested year.

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Post by CardsofSTL »

CardsofSTL wrote:
November 7 22, 8:32 pm
Should be

Goldy
Alcantara
Harris
Judge
Verlander
JRod

Magneto2.0
Hall Of Famer

Post by Magneto2.0 »

Judge wins. 28 first place votes

haltz
Hall Of Famer

Post by haltz »

Big Amoco Sign wrote:
November 17 22, 2:58 pm
I still don't see the argument for Helsley. Unless we do change IP limit to him. RE24 is a good context-neutral stat but I am unsure 6th best at that, with IP adjustment, means he is deserving of a vote. And isn't the best ERA+/ERA- guy Phillips? And he didn't make Denton's list so...
By WPA he was the sixth most valuable pitcher in the NL in obviously limited duty. To be fair to relievers there's a good argument to consider the leverage of their outings. I wouldn't have voted for him but it's defensible.