Humberto Sanchez's NL Central comment

Discuss all things Cardinals Baseball
mikechamp
Hall Of Famer

Humberto Sanchez's NL Central comment

Post by mikechamp »

These comments came from a chat with former MLB pitcher Humberto Sanchez that occurred on February 13. He briefly played for the Yankees and also played in China & Mexico. He is now in the process of starting a logistics company with his brother.

Only 1 NL Central-adjacent question, so I provided a few bonus Q&As. As always, click on the link below to read the entire chat.

The link to the entire chat can be found here: https://live.jotcast.com/chat/live-chat ... 15040.html

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Who put up the best at bats against you and why? Either in the minors or majors?

Humberto Sanchez
Toughest hitter for me to face was Prince Fielder. Just didn't get him out very often.
You got that one million dollar signing bonus. What’s the first thing you bought?

Humberto Sanchez
A house for my mother.
What advice would you give a 16 year old Humberto Sanchez?

Humberto Sanchez
While I don't have many regrets, I would tell myself to stop being so hard on myself. I was very driven by results from an early age and when things didn't go my way frustration will get the best of me at times.
What makes a manager a good manager? Fans only see in-game decisions. There must be more to it than that.

Humberto Sanchez
I think it is all about managing all those different personalities. A good manager must have a very good sense of empathy.
Best clubhouse story from your career?

Humberto Sanchez
Got a few stories with Yogi Berra that are amazing.

Tags: