Dodgers replacing fireworks with…drones

Discuss all things Cardinals Baseball
Big Amoco Sign
Master of Hyperbole

Dodgers replacing fireworks with…drones

Post by Big Amoco Sign »

Wonder if this catches on... I love fireworks but I guess I get it if you have PTSD from being in the army or something. After thinking about it, I guess it makes sense in fire-prone areas. Wonder if other dry cities follow suit.

sighyoung
Mayor of GRB

Re: Dodgers replacing fireworks with…drones

Post by sighyoung »

Big Amoco Sign wrote:
March 27 23, 2:40 pm
Wonder if this catches on... I love fireworks but I guess I get it if you have PTSD from being in the army or something. After thinking about it, I guess it makes sense in fire-prone areas. Wonder if other dry cities follow suit.
I can see them moving away from fireworks, too, but I just knew, without even playing the video, that Wagner's "Ride of the Valkyries" was going to be the soundtrack. Even that has creepy Apocalypse Now vibes to me.

heyzeus
Everday Unicorn

Post by heyzeus »

Drones are a one time fixed cost, so that's probably attractive to teams. It wouldn't surprise me if some upstart company even offered to do the shows for free in exchange for some cross-marketing opportunity. "DroneCo(tm), the Official Drone of the Los Angeles Dodgers of Los Angeles!"

sighyoung
Mayor of GRB

Post by sighyoung »

heyzeus wrote:
March 27 23, 3:05 pm
Drones are a one time fixed cost, so that's probably attractive to teams. It wouldn't surprise me if some upstart company even offered to do the shows for free in exchange for some cross-marketing opportunity. "DroneCo(tm), the Official Drone of the Los Angeles Dodgers of Los Angeles!"
Hell, I could give one of my seventy-minute literature lectures at a fraction of the cost.

BottenFieldofDreams
Perennial All-Star

Post by BottenFieldofDreams »

sighyoung wrote:
March 29 23, 11:23 am
heyzeus wrote:
Hell, I could give one of my seventy-minute literature lectures at a fraction of the cost.
Really, after a Dodgers win, what better way to celebrate than an hour-plus lecture on the most obscure literary devices of 20th Century South Eastern Quaker Women’s prose? There is no better way.

sighyoung
Mayor of GRB

Post by sighyoung »

BottenFieldofDreams wrote:
March 29 23, 11:59 am
sighyoung wrote:
March 29 23, 11:23 am
heyzeus wrote:
Really, after a Dodgers win, what better way to celebrate than an hour-plus lecture on the most obscure literary devices of 20th Century South Eastern Quaker Women’s prose? There is no better way.
To be fair, the 21st Century Indiana Mennonite Blank-Verse Drama lecture might be even more scintillating.

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Post by CardsofSTL »

Cool...I'm over all the fireworks for every damn thing.

TGantz
R-E-S-P-E-C-T...What Dr Pepper Means to Me

Post by TGantz »

CardsofSTL wrote:
March 30 23, 12:29 am
I just shot off a bottle rocket to celebrate your post.

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Post by CardsofSTL »

TGantz wrote:
March 30 23, 8:24 am
CardsofSTL wrote:
March 30 23, 12:29 am
I just shot off a bottle rocket to celebrate your post.
Your neighbors hate your face.