Re: 5/30 GDT: Royals(Greinke) vs Cardinals(Mikolas) 6:45 PM CT

Post by Famous Mortimer »

Lesson wrote:
May 31 23, 8:57 am
Famous Mortimer wrote:
May 31 23, 8:47 am
Jedibaracuda wrote:
May 30 23, 8:55 pm
I’m ok with this team playing the tortoise as long as we win the division. If we don’t, it is all for naught because this division is an embarrassment.
There's not a lot about the team's performance to this point that makes me think they're going to win the division, but who knows.
They currently have the most runs scored and highest run differential of any team in the division along with giving up the second most runs of any team in the division.

If the rotation wasn't horrendous to go along with some of the best hitters on the team hitting like [expletive] during a historically bad start to the season, this team probably would be first in the division right now (says more about how [expletive] the central is than how good the Cardinals are).

If the rotation is even average and the FO acquires at least one starter that's above average before the TDL, they should be OK.
Quite a few "if" statements there - I was more referring to what we'd seen than imagining what might happen. It's every bit as likely the Brewers have key players come back from the IL and run away with the division, than it is the Cardinals' rotation suddenly improves, from out of nowhere. I hope they do win, of course.

Tags:

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Re: 5/30 GDT: Royals(Greinke) vs Cardinals(Mikolas) 6:45 PM CT

Post by CardsofSTL »

Famous Mortimer wrote:
May 31 23, 10:22 am
I hope they do win, of course.
Stop being such a homer