Questions for Colby Rasmus

The place where GRB members interview baseball authorities.
fpslackers
Single A Minor League Player

Post by fpslackers »

Hey Colby...

I talked to your dad on another message board and he said you were a pretty good pitcher but he couldn't convince you to go into the draft as a pitcher. How did you make the decision to be centerfielder rather than a pitcher? Also, what kind of stuff did you throw?

I'm not sure if this has been asked yet, but do you have a favorite team? Is there any team that you would like to play for once you hit free agency?

What's the best and worst things about pro ball?

Favorite teammate?

This next question isn't about you, so feel free to ignore it, but I was just curious...How is Bryan Anderson's defense this year? I heard he didn't do so hot last year behind the dish but this year I've noticed that he's gunned down a few runners. How is his blocking, etc.?

Good luck in your future baseball career. I think I speak for everyone here when I say that I'm rooting for you and I think you can be a big help to this organization in a few years. And don't ever forget to have fun when you play. Look forward to seeing you at Busch Stadium in a few years!

JackofDiamonds
Bringer of Boston Baked Blue Balls

Post by JackofDiamonds »

What's going on Colby, thanks for dropping in-

What's it like being 19 and a pro-ball player? That's got to be a little crazy.

Any serious superstitions?

What's your favorite moment since being a pro; game-changing hit, gunning someone down from CF, diving catch, just being drafted by one of the greatest teams in the history of the game...?

Looking forward to watching a few WS with you in the birds on the bat, keep it up man. :toast:

Michael
GRB Founder

Post by Michael »

Colby's answers can be found here.