Interview with Pete Kozma, Cards 2007 1st Rnd Pick

The place where GRB members interview baseball authorities.
Fat Strat
Official GRB Sponsor of Larry Bigbie

Interview with Pete Kozma, Cards 2007 1st Rnd Pick

Post by Fat Strat »

GRB is very excited to bring you a new interview with 2007 Cards first round draft pick Pete Kozma!

Pete Kozma's BA scouting report
39. Pete Kozma, ss
School: Owasso (Okla.) HS. Class: Sr.
B-T: R-R. Ht.: 6-1. Wt.: 180. Birthdate: 4/11/88.
Scouting Report: There may not be a true middle infielder drafted in the first round this year, but Kozma is as good a candidate as any. He impressed scouting directors when his team made a swing through Florida in late March, and he had a three-homer game in an Oklahoma 6-A playoff contest. Kozma has no true standout tool, but he also has no glaring weakness. He grades out as average to slightly above-average in every tool except power, and he does have pop. His instincts help him play above his physical ability at bat, on the bases and in the field. He has good plate coverage and uses the entire field, projecting as a future No. 2 hitter in a big league lineup. Coming into the spring, some scouts questioned whether he'd be a long-term shortstop, but he has no doubters now. A Wichita State recruit, Kozma draws raves for his consistency and energy as well.
Post questions that you have for Kozma here, and we'll put as many as we can through to him to answer!

Thanks to Pete for accepting the interview! Thanks to pujols4mvp for helping us get it set up!

Kozma's a local boy for me and pujols4mvp, from our hometown state champion Rams of Owasso, OK. I know we're all excited to see what he can do for the big club in the years to come!

Tambourine Man
accepts no jimitators

Post by Tambourine Man »

Pete, thank you so much for taking the time to answer our questions!

1) What part of your game do you feel is your strongest suit? Also, is there any particular skill set that you work on more than others?

2) Is there any big league player that you try to model your game after?

docellis
America's Most Beloved Twitter Joke Thief

Post by docellis »

How cool!

Hey, seeing that you are possibly a regional fan, did that affect your reaction to being drafted by the Cards?

Izzyman
Everyday Player

Post by Izzyman »

What was your most memorable moment during your HS baseball career?

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

has gene stephenson (coach of my shockers) spoken to you since the draft?

Arthur Dent
Hall Of Famer

Post by Arthur Dent »

I'm so excited to see the return of the interviews forum. Thanks to whomever set this up (Fat Strat and pujols4mvp I guess).

Brodie
Perennial All-Star

Post by Brodie »

Which Jessica? Alba or Simpson?

-Brodie

GatewaySnayke
Hall Of Famer

Post by GatewaySnayke »

1. How surprised were you to be taken with the 18th pick?

cabby7588
All-Star

Post by cabby7588 »

Which current player on the MLB Cardinals do you most look forward to hopefully play with someday, and why?

Fat Strat
Official GRB Sponsor of Larry Bigbie

Post by Fat Strat »

Being from Owasso, did you grow up a Cardinals fan? Rangers fan?

What player in the big leauges most resembles the type of player that you think you can become?

Since you've been drafted, you have had the chance to meet anyone from the Cards organization? Visit the clubhouse? Chat with David Eckstein or Albert Pujols? If so, what was that experience like?