We need a new interview

The place where GRB members interview baseball authorities.
Numbers
Perennial All-Star

We need a new interview

Post by Numbers »

really

thrill
bronoun enthusiast

Re: We need a new interview

Post by thrill »

Feel free to reach out to various PR departments then. It's super easy to get (I'm lying).

Numbers
Perennial All-Star

Post by Numbers »

That's alright. I was just bored, and was trying to get my name on most of the forums. Carry on. :)

mikechamp
Hall Of Famer

Post by mikechamp »

thrill wrote:Feel free to reach out to various PR departments then. It's super easy to get (I'm lying).
I'm not doubting you, thrill, but I have to ask: With some athletes getting more "accessible" through places like Twitter, I openly wonder if one would need to go through the PR department anymore. I read about someone like Logan Morrison who got "in trouble" for being too gabby on Twitter. I know guys like Franklin, Freese, Jay, Teixeira, "DatDudeBP", etc. are on there. For me, it wouldn't have to be a Cardinal player. Insight from any current or former MLB player is cool to me.

Just askin'.

Michael
GRB Founder

Post by Michael »

For me it's more about the lack of forum interest considering the amount of work it takes to actually coordinate, interview and transcribe everything. For the last few interviews we had the interest was pretty tepid.

lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite

Post by lukethedrifter »

I don't think Jim knows what tepid means.

JackofDiamonds
Bringer of Boston Baked Blue Balls

Post by JackofDiamonds »

mikechamp wrote:
thrill wrote:Feel free to reach out to various PR departments then. It's super easy to get (I'm lying).
I'm not doubting you, thrill, but I have to ask: With some athletes getting more "accessible" through places like Twitter, I openly wonder if one would need to go through the PR department anymore. I read about someone like Logan Morrison who got "in trouble" for being too gabby on Twitter. I know guys like Franklin, Freese, Jay, Teixeira, "DatDudeBP", etc. are on there. For me, it wouldn't have to be a Cardinal player. Insight from any current or former MLB player is cool to me.

Just askin'.
Oh man, can we have a Brandon Phillips or Nyjer Morgan chat?

mikechamp
Hall Of Famer

Post by mikechamp »

I was referring to intelligent, courteous Q&A, per the aims of Michael re: this message board. I still feel we're all capable of that, regardless of the interviewee.

I would hope it would denigrate into, "Yo BP, you are teh suck and a big loooser. Where r ur rings? Ha!"

Of course, I am being facetious, as the Q&A format would not allow for such collapses in decorum.

EDIT: I meant to say, "I do not want it to denigrate..."
Last edited by mikechamp on September 6 11, 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JackofDiamonds
Bringer of Boston Baked Blue Balls

Post by JackofDiamonds »

Everything I've seen of BP in the media would lead me to believe he would absolutely do an interview with us and that it would be incredibly entertaining.

Nyjer Morgan is crazy pants.

Swirls
gone fission

Post by Swirls »

How about Tom Tango? I saw we got MGL as our very first interview - since Tango is already registered, he may be willing to give one.