2015 MLB Draft

Talk about the Cardinals minor league baseball
phins
Sobbing quietly during Fox programming

Re: 2015 MLB Draft

Post by phins »

MrCrowesGarden wrote:Denton gets $1.2 million. Slot was 935k.
Welp, my projections are fairly dead on thus far. Only Denton got 300k less than expected and Oxnevad got 300k more than expected.

Have we seen numbers on Bader yet?

MrCrowesGarden
'Burb Boy

Post by MrCrowesGarden »

I have not, but I'm guessing it would be a near slot deal.

JCShutout
MacGyver of Underwear

Post by JCShutout »

I read in a post somewhere that someone spitballed the idea that the Cards knew they would take a draft pick hit next year, so were going to just sign a bunch of talent over budget this year. Maybe there is something to that.

go birds
-go birds

Post by go birds »

JCShutout wrote:I read in a post somewhere that someone spitballed the idea that the Cards knew they would take a draft pick hit next year, so were going to just sign a bunch of talent over budget this year. Maybe there is something to that.
due to the hacking?

phins

Post by phins »

Update on Schlesener:

During a graduation party he allegedly tackled a girl and pushed cake into her face and down her shirt and the family might press charges. Apparently there may have been some "happy sauce" involved.

Coupled with the fact his performance was only so-so this season and this summer, and the thinking is he probably gets to Arkansas now. The Cards are offering a shade under 100k and he wants more than 100k to sign.

letsgocards89
Perennial All-Star

Post by letsgocards89 »

go birds wrote:
JCShutout wrote:I read in a post somewhere that someone spitballed the idea that the Cards knew they would take a draft pick hit next year, so were going to just sign a bunch of talent over budget this year. Maybe there is something to that.
due to the hacking?
What if they're planning on signing a player in the offseason who's likely to receive a QO? (Price, Upton, etc) If they sign Kep Brown to an offer that costs them their 1st rounder (likely the 30-ish pick at this rate), would they lose a comp pick (should they receive one) or their second rounder? Kep Brown, who was graded as a first round pick prior to injury, and Justin Upton/David Price in exchange for 1st/2nd round picks might be something the FO is comfortable with.

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

It was asked earlier in the chat, but the Cardinals have made it official: They've signed Bryce Denton and Harrison Bader.
by Derrick Goold 4:05 PM

MrCrowesGarden
'Burb Boy

Post by MrCrowesGarden »

400k for Bader. That's 170k under slot.

phins

Post by phins »

MrCrowesGarden wrote:400k for Bader. That's 170k under slot.
Good stuff. That's probably going to allow us to sign an additional guy. 270k will get someone to sign that we expected not to.

letsgocards89
Perennial All-Star

Post by letsgocards89 »

Don't tell Mabry but Bader hit 2 homers in his debut