Baseball America-Alex Reyes

Talk about the Cardinals minor league baseball
go birds
-go birds

Re: Baseball America-Alex Reyes

Post by go birds »

nice blurb about C-Mart and Reyes.

http://www.vivaelbirdos.com/st-louis-ca ... t-and-peck

Seems to me that C-Mart has really grown up alot since he came into the league, possibly as a direct result of his best friend's death.

Seems like a really good guy to have around.

jim
Red Lobster for the seafood lover in you

Post by jim »

Reyes' overall grades in BA:

Overall: 70/Risk=High
Fastball: 80
Curve: 65
Change: 50
Control: 45

go birds
-go birds

Post by go birds »

did you guys know that reyes' suspension would end if he was put on the 40-man roster?

at least according to this blurb:
Alex Reyes is current serving a suspension for testing positive for marijuana. He’s got 20 games to go, although the suspension would end if he were placed on the 40-man roster. He likely would not be the first choice should a starter go down, but his time will likely come later in the year.
http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/looking- ... s-in-2016/

phins
Sobbing quietly during Fox programming

Post by phins »

Yeah, weed is not sanctioned by the union. As a non-40 man player he is not in the union.

Magneto2.0
Hall Of Famer

Post by Magneto2.0 »

First start of the season on Sunday in Triple A.

go birds
-go birds

Post by go birds »

gird your loins

jim
Red Lobster for the seafood lover in you

Post by jim »

I can't help but think this is the best suspension in the history of baseball. I'm thrilled he has logged 0 innings - this is about exactly when I would want him to start so that he could be available in Sept/Oct.

jack76
Everyday Player

Post by jack76 »

Jim, you mean 0 MLB innings? From what Goold reported, he has essentially the same number of innings as the rest of the AAA rotation, just done at extended spring training. I'm sure the stress of pitching in controlled extended spring training games is much more likely to leave him fresh in the fall, but wanted to clarify if this is what you meant:

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/baseball ... 8da96.html

I agree with the wisdom of this suspension though. The front office had the ability to keep Reyes from suffering the suspension at all, but decided to slap him down to get his head straight. Seems like on top of learning control over his pitches, this is what he (and many other 20 year old males) need more than protection from consequences of their actions.

When he's truly up to speed, iit will be very interesting to see if Martinez or Wacha suddenly admits to shoulder soreness or if he slots in the bullpen and trading Rosie becomes more of a realistic option. I know this is discussed in the other forum, but Rosie's value to this team is highly leveraged against what he could bring back. An additional year of control of a very good closer on a solid bullpen with options down in AAA (Tui, Soco, Harris, or Reyes) is not as valuable as a multiple prospects with 6 years control each.

MrCrowesGarden
'Burb Boy

Post by MrCrowesGarden »

I don't know how much of a bad thing this suspension is, but I am confident it was not a good thing.

Magneto2.0
Hall Of Famer

Post by Magneto2.0 »

thru 2 innings, 3 walks and 5 strikeouts

LOL he's staying true to himself