8/23 GDT: Rockies(Lambert) vs Cardinals(Flaherty) 7:15PMCT

Discuss what's happening in the day-to-day baseball world.
Post Reply
User avatar
CardsofSTL
All Hail the New GDT Master
Posts: 24603
Joined: April 26 11, 6:06 am
Location: Columbus, OH

8/23 GDT: Rockies(Lambert) vs Cardinals(Flaherty) 7:15PMCT

Post by CardsofSTL »

Image

Image

Image

Rockies vs Cardinals
7:15 PM CT - August 23, 2019
Busch Stadium - St. Louis
Watch: FSMW/ATTSportsNet-RM

User avatar
CardsofSTL
All Hail the New GDT Master
Posts: 24603
Joined: April 26 11, 6:06 am
Location: Columbus, OH

Re: 8/23 GDT: Rockies(Lambert) vs Cardinals(Flaherty) 7:15PM

Post by CardsofSTL »

Image

User avatar
CardsofSTL
All Hail the New GDT Master
Posts: 24603
Joined: April 26 11, 6:06 am
Location: Columbus, OH

Re: 8/23 GDT: Rockies(Lambert) vs Cardinals(Flaherty) 7:15PM

Post by CardsofSTL »

Image





The Cardinals have not faced the Rockies starter

User avatar
CardsofSTL
All Hail the New GDT Master
Posts: 24603
Joined: April 26 11, 6:06 am
Location: Columbus, OH

Re: 8/23 GDT: Rockies(Lambert) vs Cardinals(Flaherty) 7:15PM

Post by CardsofSTL »

Image

User avatar
CardsofSTL
All Hail the New GDT Master
Posts: 24603
Joined: April 26 11, 6:06 am
Location: Columbus, OH

Re: 8/23 GDT: Rockies(Lambert) vs Cardinals(Flaherty) 7:15PM

Post by CardsofSTL »

Image


VS


Image

User avatar
CardsofSTL
All Hail the New GDT Master
Posts: 24603
Joined: April 26 11, 6:06 am
Location: Columbus, OH

Re: 8/23 GDT: Rockies(Lambert) vs Cardinals(Flaherty) 7:15PM

Post by CardsofSTL »

Image
Image

User avatar
CardsofSTL
All Hail the New GDT Master
Posts: 24603
Joined: April 26 11, 6:06 am
Location: Columbus, OH

Re: 8/23 GDT: Rockies(Lambert) vs Cardinals(Flaherty) 7:15PM

Post by CardsofSTL »

A classic trope in comic books is that the heroes never reveal their powers. There almost always seems to be a secret identity of some kind to protect friends and family. Not everyone can be as bold as Tony Stark.

Yadier Molina was pretty good about concealing his superpowers until Thursday night. No, not his legendary arm. That's no secret at all. I'm talking about his ability to see the future.

The Cardinals were trailing the Rockies in the seventh inning, 5-4. Molina was on the edge of the dugout with Dexter Fowler up to bat with a runner on base. Just before pitcher Yency Almonte's 2-0 pitch sailed in, Molina lifted his arms in triumph.

Somehow, he knew what was about to happen.
Yadi Predicts Fowler Homer


Image

User avatar
CardsofSTL
All Hail the New GDT Master
Posts: 24603
Joined: April 26 11, 6:06 am
Location: Columbus, OH

Re: 8/23 GDT: Rockies(Lambert) vs Cardinals(Flaherty) 7:15PM

Post by CardsofSTL »

Flaherty will wear these to honor Tyler Skaggs

User avatar
heyzeus
Everday Unicorn
Posts: 35752
Joined: April 21 06, 10:14 am
Location: Austin, TX
Contact:

Re: 8/23 GDT: Rockies(Lambert) vs Cardinals(Flaherty) 7:15PM

Post by heyzeus »

I think the A.S.S. is gonna love us in this one.

User avatar
Jocephus
99% conan clips
Posts: 57104
Joined: April 18 06, 5:14 pm

Re: 8/23 GDT: Rockies(Lambert) vs Cardinals(Flaherty) 7:15PM

Post by Jocephus »

heyzeus wrote:I think the A.S.S. is gonna love us in this one.
The St. Louis Cardinals are 36-24 at home this season and are solid favorites to beat the Colorado Rockies who are 25-40 on the road this season. The Cardinals have a better than 55% chance of winning based on 10,000 game simulations generated one play at a time by the AccuScore Simulation Supercomputer. Cardinals\' starter Jack Flaherty is forecasted to have a better game than Rockies\' starter Peter Lambert. Jack Flaherty has a 30% chance of having a Quality Start (QS) while Peter Lambert has a 21% chance of a QS. If Jack Flaherty has a quality start the Cardinals has a 78% chance of winning. His simulated strikeout to walk ratio is 4.3 and he has a 36% chance of having a 5 to 1 K/BB ratio. When he has a 5/1 ratio the Cardinals win 64%. In Peter Lambert quality starts the Rockies win 60%. He has a 22% chance of having a 5 to 1 K/BB ratio and if he does his team wins 60% of simulations. In simulations we tracked the batter for each team that was most productive based his average hits, walks and RBI per simulation. The most productive batter for the St. Louis Cardinals is Marcell Ozuna who averaged 2.55 hits+walks+RBI. He has a 43% chance of having a big game with 3+ Hits, Walks, RBI and if he has a big game the Cardinals have a 69% chance of winning. The most productive batter for the Colorado Rockies is Charlie Blackmon who averaged 2.45 hits+walks+RBI. He has a 41% chance of having a big game with 3+ Hits, Walks, RBI and if he has a big game the Rockies have a 59% chance of winning.

Post Reply