St Louis Blues 2021-22 offseason and season

A forum for non-baseball sports
albertmvpujols
All-Star

Re: St Louis Blues 2021-22 offseason and season

Post by albertmvpujols »

Husso has been really really bad. A lot of people need to be better, but we need significantly better goaltending. I can't complain about much tonight because of the way they fought back and won. It was great to see some of the depth step up and score.

GeddyWrox
Caught you a delicious bass

Post by GeddyWrox »

What a comeback. LGB!!!

Leroy
a bad penny always turns up
Location: Hanging out with my redneck, white socks and Blue Ribbon beer.

Post by Leroy »

Something kind of odd here. The first, third and OT scoring is actually equal between the teams. The Avs have outscored the Blues 9-6 in the second. It seems to me that the second period was a really good period for the Blues all year, but not here. And the fact that the third and OT are the same tells me that the Blues are dealing with the altitude just fine, as they have scored all six of their third period goals and the OT goal in Colorado. The Avs have 2 third period goals and 1 OT goal in Colorado. I remember a game in Colorado during the regular season late when the Avs got up 3-0 and the Blues came storming back after I had given up hope.

Game six worries me way more than game seven would, provided they make it that far.

I don't know what is up with Husso. I gave him the benefit of the doubt for being cold and unprepared, but now he is letting in some pretty ugly goals.

I hardly ever yell for a player to shoot when watching, but when I saw Bozak wide open and the sea was kind of parting, I yelled 'Shoot'. Next thing I know a little black disc is dribbling out of the back of the net. Yay.

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

the local sports radio guys were pretty bummed this morning. they were suggesting worry about going back to Stl and even thought Stl would have the advantage if it did go to 7 games (the whole "nothing to lose" vibe). they took one caller and the caller was just sighing thru most of it hah.

Popeye_Card
GRB's most intelligent & humble poster

Post by Popeye_Card »

Leroy wrote:
May 26 22, 9:01 am
Something kind of odd here. The first, third and OT scoring is actually equal between the teams. The Avs have outscored the Blues 9-6 in the second. It seems to me that the second period was a really good period for the Blues all year, but not here. And the fact that the third and OT are the same tells me that the Blues are dealing with the altitude just fine, as they have scored all six of their third period goals and the OT goal in Colorado. The Avs have 2 third period goals and 1 OT goal in Colorado. I remember a game in Colorado during the regular season late when the Avs got up 3-0 and the Blues came storming back after I had given up hope.
The Blues have struggled with breakouts from their defensive zone all series (Colorado forecheck has been outstanding), and that effect gets amplified in the 2nd period with the long change. Defensemen get less opportunities for changing on the fly, take longer shifts, and often getting caught flat-footed.

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

Popeye_Card

Post by Popeye_Card »

Bummer. I can’t be too upset because they were really being outplayed in this series, but you have to wonder had Binner stayed in there and playing well if it would have been a different outcome.

Popeye_Card

Post by Popeye_Card »

Well at least we are learning that the Blues are apparently the only team that can beat the Avs, even if only 2 games.

Avs are now 11-2 in the playoffs. They only trailed once for ~5 minutes in the first round vs. the Preds, and have only trailed for ~16 total minutes against the Oilers.

MrCrowesGarden
'Burb Boy

Post by MrCrowesGarden »

A sports year where the champs in the various sports are the Braves, kU, Celtics and two Kroenke teams is pretty, pretty awful. Thank goodness for Georgia.

MrCrowesGarden
'Burb Boy

Post by MrCrowesGarden »

It is worth noting that the best goalie the Avs faced en route to the Stanley Cup was Jordan Binnington for half a series, and no matter who they face in the Finals, it's going to be someone with an elite goaltender.