PRO wrestling thread

A forum for non-baseball sports
thrill
bronoun enthusiast

Re: PRO wrestling thread

Post by thrill »

I like Caster, but I'm more of a Bowens guy. And of course, Bill Ass.

MrCrowesGarden
'Burb Boy

Post by MrCrowesGarden »

Fact: Billy Gunn is older than The Undertaker.

MrCrowesGarden
'Burb Boy

Post by MrCrowesGarden »

I don’t think I’m going to buy Forbidden Door, but man if it ain’t intriguing.

-The 4-way match for the IWGP Heavyweight Championship is some dream [expletive]. I’m not even a huge Jay White fan, but Hangman is my favorite AEW wrestler, Adam Cole Bay Bay was my favorite NXT guy, and Okada might be the best wrestler on the planet.

-Mox vs Tanahashi should be a ton of fun. I wouldn’t be surprised if Mox wins and becomes AEW’s first two-time champ, but I hope it’s Tanahashi so we still get the Punk match eventually. Plus, I think it would be neat for a New Japan wrestler to hold the AEW belt. In that same vein, I want Hangman or Cole to win the 4-way.

-FTR needs to win the tag match and get all the gold eventually. I don’t know anyone on more of a roll, and I can’t really even point to anything specific that got them there.

-I want Malakai Black to win the All-Atlantic title. Miro would be a good champ too, but Black needs it more. He was severely underutilized in WWE, and I worry it’s already been too long that he hasn’t even been in a title picture.

-Preparing to be let down for the ZSJ mystery opponent. Danielson is hurt and that sucks, and anyone you put in to replace him will be a step down. The hope is that it’s Claudio/Cesaro, but if it was, why wouldn’t you announce it last night? People who were on the fence would buy if you announced him.

-I think Toni Storm should win the Women’s match but believe it will be Thunder Rosa. I’m afraid of Toni becoming just another wrestler as has happened with Ruby Soho.

-Ospreay should beat Orange Cassidy but not really feeling this one.

-The Jericho/Guevara/Suzuki vs Kingston/Yuta/Umino is so randomly thrown together. Similar situation with The Bullet Club match.

MrCrowesGarden
'Burb Boy

Post by MrCrowesGarden »

Well, I got a lot wrong on this card, but it sounds like Forbidden Door was great and compensated for lackluster builds with simply amazing wrestling.

MrCrowesGarden
'Burb Boy

Post by MrCrowesGarden »

WWE's first female referee accused Vince of assaulting her in 1986. For the first time, someone else is corroborating her story.

TW, description of the assault: https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2022/06 ... feree.html