St. Louis Blues Offseason and Season 2022-23

A forum for non-baseball sports
cardsfantx
Hall Of Famer

Re: St. Louis Blues Offseason and Season 2022-23

Post by cardsfantx »

O'Reilly put on IR with a broken foot (out at least 6 weeks), Vlady put on IR with a broken hand (out at least 4 weeks), and Krug already on LTIR with a back issue of some sort for 6 weeks.

this year blows

GeddyWrox
Caught you a delicious bass

Post by GeddyWrox »

We'll be lucky to make the playoffs now. Ugh.

GeddyWrox

Post by GeddyWrox »

Trade everyone except Thomas and Kyrou.

JCShutout
MacGyver of Underwear

Post by JCShutout »

Oof. 5-0 spanking from arizona. Bad. Just bad.

This team is a mess.

As for the forwards: Personally I’d prefer to keep schenn, buch and saad and all the kids. Move any other vet that you can who nets a decent return. (Acciari?) while I love him, I’d move barbie for the right return. (Though I’d be happy keeping him too). Buch is a solid top line forward. Schenn is a good leader/identity player, and has a few top 6 years left. Barbie is a good third liner who can play up at times. Saad is a solid #6/7 forward at a fine salary. Leaves room for kids to play their way onto scoring line roles without forcing them there if they’re not ready. Gives you room to find the next round of kids which we may not have in the system, and some cash to buy a stopgap vet on a short deal. (Miss you Perron)

The D is a mess. I still like Faulk. I think he’s a good team’s #2. I think Parayko is a really good 3. Get a solid #1 and I think Parayko looks better. Ugh, if only we could spend krug and leddy’s money on a solid #1. (Miss you petro)

Binner: I still think he’s a solid/good goalie. I don’t think many goalies would succeed with this team. I don’t think handing the reigns to a kid would help. I think you just go with Binner and cross that bridge in a few years when you hopefully have found a way to fix the d and find the next window.

If they can somehow rid themselves of krug and leddy, even for a stadium hot dog, (maybe in a couple years?) and can turn that cap space into an overpriced #1/2, this is probably a good team that is competitive. (And fun to watch)

GeddyWrox

Post by GeddyWrox »

What's Pronger doing these days??? I bet he could still do better than some of our D-men, even today.

cardsfantx
Hall Of Famer

Post by cardsfantx »

parayko is a mess...he cannot get the puck out of our end. I watch him mishandle the puck and/or flat out turn it over it seems 10+ times every damn game on our end

JCShutout
MacGyver of Underwear

Post by JCShutout »

I think parayko is still dealing with lingering effects of his injury, and possibly feels like he has to be the defensive leader.

I mean, I’m not in the locker room, so I could be way off. But we’ve seen him play better. The tools are there. He’s still in his prime. I think he’s a strong bounce back candidate.

sighyoung
Mayor of GRB

Post by sighyoung »

I hope the team is active before the trade deadline because it's a mess and not going anywhere.

cardsfantx
Hall Of Famer

Post by cardsfantx »

ROR, vlady, mikkola and barby all need to be traded so we get SOMETHING before they walk. It’d be a shame to lose them for nothing with this deep draft coming up.

and if ROR is serious about coming back and even taking a discount like he said? He can always do that after the season.

From what I’ve seen around ROR and vlady both could bring back 1st round picks. If that’s true and our pick that’s shaping up to be a nice 1st round pick? In this draft we can restock REAL soon, esp with neighbors up now and snuggy and bolduc coming soon.

If we can get ANYONE to take krug, I’d take anything I could get (but doubt it)

JCShutout
MacGyver of Underwear

Post by JCShutout »

I hadn’t heard ror would consider a discount. That would be great! Maybe we can tkachuk him. Trade him to a contender and then resign him like we did Walt during the mid aughts rebuild.

I didn’t realize mikkola was already 26. Sucks to probably lose him.