Jocephus
99% conan clips

Re: Boxing

Post by Jocephus »

thrill
bronoun enthusiast

Post by thrill »

I don't how many people here watched that fight, but man it was a beat down. Totally one-sided.

Famous Mortimer
Perennial All-Star

Post by Famous Mortimer »

33anda3rd wrote:
June 3 19, 7:02 pm
Man, I feel like Joshua holding the belts was what was really bad for boxing and fans. He was perfectly content to take fights at home in the UK, in big venues like Wembly and Cardiff, and get big paychecks for filling those places in front of his countrymen. He fought the lesser Klitschko when the lesser Klitschko was over 40, and the lesser Klitschko hurt him, knocking him down, before Joshua TKOed him. He fought Dillian White, a kickboxing/MMA crossover, who hurt him but he eventually beat. He dodged every great opponent he could in the Floyd Mayweather way--let the big money fight stew for a while, fight a bunch of bums for a good paycheck instead. Then he took one look at Ruiz, underestimated him, and got knocked out.

I'm glad he's not champ anymore.
Some posts age better than others.

33anda3rd
Replies Authoritatively

Post by 33anda3rd »

Famous Mortimer wrote:
February 27 20, 4:51 pm
33anda3rd wrote:
June 3 19, 7:02 pm
Man, I feel like Joshua holding the belts was what was really bad for boxing and fans. He was perfectly content to take fights at home in the UK, in big venues like Wembly and Cardiff, and get big paychecks for filling those places in front of his countrymen. He fought the lesser Klitschko when the lesser Klitschko was over 40, and the lesser Klitschko hurt him, knocking him down, before Joshua TKOed him. He fought Dillian White, a kickboxing/MMA crossover, who hurt him but he eventually beat. He dodged every great opponent he could in the Floyd Mayweather way--let the big money fight stew for a while, fight a bunch of bums for a good paycheck instead. Then he took one look at Ruiz, underestimated him, and got knocked out.

I'm glad he's not champ anymore.
Some posts age better than others.
Did this one age well?

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

Fat_Bulldog
likes to grate his own cheese

Post by Fat_Bulldog »

No

tlombard
tl;dr

Post by tlombard »

I would definitely step in the ring with him for $20,000 as long as there wasn't a stipulation that I couldn't poop on myself and pass out as soon as he came in my direction. I'd be out cold before he even got to throw a punch.

Leroy
a bad penny always turns up
Location: Hanging out with my redneck, white socks and Blue Ribbon beer.

Post by Leroy »

I'd be ok. I don't have kids and my ears are too big anyways.

Famous Mortimer
Perennial All-Star

Looks like one of the Paul brothers beat the piss out of former UFC fighter Ben Askren last night. If I was the promoter, I'd withhold the loser's purse from him, honestly, because he was all "I don't care, my life is fine either way" after the fight (despite saying he should find it pretty easy to beat up a Youtuber before the fight). Whatever you think about Paul (I find both brothers fairly obnoxious) he's TKOed a former legit fight athlete and is clearly serious about it.

Famous Mortimer
Perennial All-Star

Jake Paul remains pretty well committed to boxing, and got a split decision victory over Ferguson, MO's own Tyron Woodley. He's either good, or he's paying these people a lot to lay down, because Woodley can strike.

I care not a jot for either boxing or the Pauls, but the two of them showing the entire sport up is kind of funny.