Boxing

A forum for non-baseball sports
PHILLYCARD
Veteran Player

Mosley Vargas

Post by PHILLYCARD »

Should be a good fight this Weekend on HBO

"Ferocious" vs "Sugar" Shane

Mosley beat him up last time but I think Vargas gets the Win this time in a decesion.

Who you got?

Grammar_Police
All-Star

Re: Mosley Vargas

Post by Grammar_Police »

PHILLYCARD wrote:Should be a good fight this Weekend on HBO

Mosley beat him up last time but I think Vargas gets the Win this time in a decesion.

Who you got?
You = on crack

Vargas is teh suck.

:P

<3 Sugar Shane

PHILLYCARD
Veteran Player

Re: Mosley Vargas

Post by PHILLYCARD »

Grammar_Police wrote:
PHILLYCARD wrote:Should be a good fight this Weekend on HBO

Who you got?
You = on crack

Vargas is teh suck.

:P

<3 Sugar Shane
Hes back on Roids grammer. Put your money on Vargas

vnmn23
Veteran Player

Post by vnmn23 »

I'm going with Mosley as well. The faster hands will prevail.

stlouie_lipp
Hallelujah Brother

Post by stlouie_lipp »

I'm not sure..Vargas was coming back when the 1st fight was stopped, but Sugar looked good. I think Vargas will come out swinging trying to land a haymaker. If it goes the distance...Shane wins.

Grammar_Police
All-Star

Post by Grammar_Police »

Watched the replay of Mosley-Vargas II last night.

Sugar was way too fast for Vargas. Vargas didn't really do much but plod around. He kinda looked like he didn't have a lot of energy.

The fight wasn't all that exciting, but you knew Mosley was gonna eventually win (yeah, replay, har-de-har, you know what I mean :wink: ). The left that for all intents and purposes ended it was amazing. Pure power with all the energy of the punch expended on Vargas' face.

In the live fight, Gatti-Baldomir, Gatti was overmatched at a higher weight class. His punches had no effect on the bigger guy, like they would have on the smaller guys he usually fights.

vnmn23
Veteran Player

Post by vnmn23 »

Grammar_Police wrote:In the live fight, Gatti-Baldomir, Gatti was overmatched at a higher weight class. His punches had no effect on the bigger guy, like they would have on the smaller guys he usually fights.
I think that drubbing effectively ended Gatti's career. I expected Gatti to lose, but not like that... :shock:

Not many boxers can end their career on top like Bernard Hopkins did.

Sutter'sBeard
is the oscar meyer weiner kid

Post by Sutter'sBeard »

vnmn23 wrote:
Grammar_Police wrote:In the live fight, Gatti-Baldomir, Gatti was overmatched at a higher weight class. His punches had no effect on the bigger guy, like they would have on the smaller guys he usually fights.
I think that drubbing effectively ended Gatti's career. I expected Gatti to lose, but not like that... :shock:

Not many boxers can end their career on top like Bernard Hopkins did.
By losing two out of his last three fights! Hopkins was a great champion but his fights were snoozfests.

vnmn23
Veteran Player

Post by vnmn23 »

Sutter'sBeard wrote:
vnmn23 wrote:Not many boxers can end their career on top like Bernard Hopkins did.
By losing two out of his last three fights! Hopkins was a great champion but his fights were snoozfests.
He holds a belt after completely dismantling Antonio Tarver at 175, fifteen pounds heavier than he fought for the past 10 (?) years. Hopkins could have easily won the first of the Taylor fights, and was very competitive in the second. He was just beaten by a young, hungry fighter.

Like him or not, not many athletes can say they left their respective sports a champion. Hopkins can.

Sutter'sBeard
is the oscar meyer weiner kid

Post by Sutter'sBeard »

vnmn23 wrote:
Sutter'sBeard wrote:
vnmn23 wrote:Not many boxers can end their career on top like Bernard Hopkins did.
He holds a belt after completely dismantling Antonio Tarver at 175, fifteen pounds heavier than he fought for the past 10 (?) years. Hopkins could have easily won the first of the Taylor fights, and was very competitive in the second. He was just beaten by a young, hungry fighter.

Like him or not, not many athletes can say they left their respective sports a champion. Hopkins can.

Very True. I'm a huge boxing fan but I lean towards "blood and guts" fighters rather than defensive, technical fighers. I think I will have to find a new favorite now that Gatti was ripped appart in his last fight.
Last edited by Sutter'sBeard on July 26 06, 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.