MMA Thread II

A forum for non-baseball sports
AWvsCBsteeeerike3
"I could totally eat a pig butt, if smoked correctly!"

Re: MMA Thread II

Post by AWvsCBsteeeerike3 »

Very racist that dc eye gouging wasn’t acknowledged. Same foul the ref stopped the fight for 5 minutes to ensure stipewsafety earlier. Very unfair treatment. Color of skin can’t be ignored. This is blatant racism by the ufc.

AWvsCBsteeeerike3

Omg just got on Twitter. Lulz.

There are so many stipe fans it’s ridiculous. Stipe a russsian right? UFC judges are Russian implants.

AWvsCBsteeeerike3

I may be biased wanting dc to win, but if he can’t see out of an eye , that’s the reason the rule exists to stop fights

thrill
bronoun enthusiast

Post by thrill »

Goddard didn't see the poke at the time. Human refs are human. Stipe's adjustments are super underrated. I think he may have the most underrated fight IQ in the game. His approach against Ngannou was flawless. His mid-fight approach against DC in the second fight was legendary. His approach in this fight to control DC's right hand when they disengaged the clinch was dominant. In the last two fights with DC, he has taken away everything DC wanted to do. His legacy just took a huge leap forward. The only thing that will erase this trilogy's significance is if Jon Jones goes up to heavyweight and is dominant. Then Jon will just absorb all this glory through transitive property fight math.

Also, Stipe is from Cleveland. He's not Russian. His roots are Croatian.

Anyway, super impressed with Stipe. Bummed that at his current pace, he's probably only got two fights left, but hopefully they're against Ngannou and/or Bones.

Michael
GRB Founder

Post by Michael »

Bummed about DC losing. A win would have put him with true inner circle greats.

Stipe's clinch/fence work in the smaller octagon was masterful.

Stipe has to be the most underrated fighter in MMA. Can you believe Vegas just put him as an underdog against Ngannou? I mean Ngannou can win, but since their first fight has he shown anything on the ground? Stipe completely dismantled him in the first fight.

thrill
bronoun enthusiast

Post by thrill »

This will shock exactly no one, but I'm 100% on team screw over Francis and give Jon Jones an immediate title shot against Stipe. That's what I want to see. I don't care about fairness. I want to see those guys fight while Stipe is still in his fighting prime.

And I want Jon to win. Then I want him to fight Francis. And I want Francis to knock him to another dimension in one punch. That would be a really fun narrative for the next 3 years.

I'm lowkey very interested in the Derrick Lewis - Curtis Blaydes matchup as well. The heavyweight division is pretty fun and it's all thanks to DC moving up, in my opinion. Adding his personality and greatness has really put some shine on Stipe's reign that he was never going to be able to do on his own without a more charismatic foil.

Michael
GRB Founder

Post by Michael »

Stipe vs Jones is a way more interesting match-up. I honestly don't know who I'd pick. Jones is in decline and I think he knows it. That's why he's working hard for a better payday.

I think middleweight is really fun as well. It's got so many excellent fighters with great some personalities.

It's a shame Till lost. If he wins the division becomes even more fun. I love Till. Fun fighter and an interesting guy. My heroes never win.

I also dig Cannonier's menacingly chill "I'm wearing healing crystals duuude, now I must rip your head off" personality. I'd love to see him to make a late career title shot.

I also think the women's strawweight division is underrated. It helps that Thug Rose is a top 3 overall fighter for me.

thrill
bronoun enthusiast

Post by thrill »

Khamzat Chimaev is the most dominant fighter I’ve ever seen. Holy [expletive].

PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE FEED HIM COLBY COVINGTON. I need to see that.

In fact, please feed him Masvidal, Conor, and Diaz too. Let Usman sell 0 PPV’s fighting Leon Edwards.

I just want to see this Dagestani tsunami devour all the big name talkers.

Michael
GRB Founder

Post by Michael »

Okay, so DC has bad takes on things. He's a total UFC shill. He's a good announcer tho.

thrill
bronoun enthusiast

Post by thrill »

Michael wrote:
September 29 20, 6:24 pm
Okay, so DC has bad takes on things. He's a total UFC shill. He's a good announcer tho.
Big time. I mean, I get it. The Fertittas stroked him a million dollar check when Jon Jones dropped out of their fight for PED's and they didn't have to pay him anything more than his show money. But yeah, he lines up squarely behind the company line every chance he gets.

Been really bummed out by all the Trump love from the UFC lately. Covington is one thing, but finding out that Masvidal, Usman, Gaethje, and Cejudo (all children of POC immigrants) are all doing Trump campaign events is extremely irritating. Obviously I have never believed MMA was a good place to go looking for humanity and social justice, but it still sucks.
Last edited by thrill on October 1 20, 10:34 am, edited 1 time in total.