MMA Thread II

A forum for non-baseball sports
MAGA
All-Star

Re: MMA Thread II

Post by MAGA »

The panic on Conor’s face when they went to the mat for the first time. I almost felt bad for him.

InvincibleCakeEater
GRB's obsessive compulsive baseball poster

Post by InvincibleCakeEater »

McGregor fans aren't the brightest. Ended up clearing 4200.

Michael
GRB Founder

Post by Michael »

Conor's ground game was better than I was expecting. His ability to control the pocket to defend against takedowns was way worse than I was expecting.

Also the ufc's pearl clutching after this match was ridiculous.

cardsfansince82
is shooing asian children away from his fridge.

Post by cardsfansince82 »

Michael wrote: Also the ufc's pearl clutching after this match was ridiculous.
I didn't see the fight but ESPN acted like it was the worst thing ever and egging on Dana White to agree. It's all a joke because this is exactly what Dana White created. He thinks he can stoke these wrestling style storylines, but these are real fighters that don't follow scripts.

Michael
GRB Founder

Post by Michael »

cardsfansince82 wrote:
Michael wrote: Also the ufc's pearl clutching after this match was ridiculous.
I didn't see the fight but ESPN acted like it was the worst thing ever and egging on Dana White to agree. It's all a joke because this is exactly what Dana White created. He thinks he can stoke these wrestling style storylines, but these are real fighters that don't follow scripts.
Exactly. They've been stoking flames for years with the stuff they've let/encouraged Conor to pull. Look at this:

It's not mentioned in the video, but the bus attack injured players and ruined a ufc card. Anyway, I'm part of the problem because I give them my money.

thrill
bronoun enthusiast

Post by thrill »

AKA San Jose is a really impressive camp.

MAGA
All-Star

Post by MAGA »

Lewis vs Cormier announced for UFC 230.

Is Cormier gonna be a +700 favorite or something? What a god awful fight for anyone not named Jon Jones. But definitely awful for Lewis.

I love seeing fighters more active.

thrill
bronoun enthusiast

Post by thrill »

MAGA wrote:Lewis vs Cormier announced for UFC 230.

Is Cormier gonna be a +700 favorite or something? What a god awful fight for anyone not named Jon Jones. But definitely awful for Lewis.

I love seeing fighters more active.
I feel like he's only doing this because it's such an easy legacy title defense/payday. He's going to get two easy wins before Jon Jones beats him; Lewis and Lesnar. So he'll get a big PPV bonus because people will pay to watch Nate Diaz return. He'll get a monster PPV bonus from Brock. He'll get a monster PPV from Jon Jones, get his ass kicked, and retire. He might not even give Bones that fight. He might just beat those two tomato cans and retire.

The Lewis fight will be funny because it'll be the heavyweight with the best cardio vs the heavyweight with the worst. He'll stay out of his range and then lean on him against the cage in round one, then he'll take him down for the RNC in round 2. Don't think it'll make for much of a fight, but there should be some major fireworks between Weidman & Rockhold and Poirier & Diaz.

MAGA
All-Star

Post by MAGA »

Jones vs Gustafson announced for UFC 232. I hope Gus has improved since “I didn’t train for this fight but still won” Jon has been working hard supposedly.

MAGA
All-Star

Post by MAGA »

Also, Chael vs Fedor this weekend.

I love Chael but I’m not convincing myself he has a chance like I did with Rory recently.