MMA Thread II

A forum for non-baseball sports
thrill
bronoun enthusiast

Re: MMA Thread II

Post by thrill »

This is a weird one. It's fantastic card that I would normally be really psyched to see. I definitely miss sports desperately. Still, I'm not very hyped for it. Just feels like it shouldn't be happening.

thrill
bronoun enthusiast

Post by thrill »

I bought it.

Ngannou & Gaethje masterclass. Gaethje obviously required much more skill & patience, in fact, more than I knew was possible for Gaethje. That was as excellent a performance as I’ve seen in that division, considering the opponent. He’s got a legitimate chance against Khabib as long as he doesn’t get too confident in his transition grappling/scrambling. If he has the same patience, he will absolutely touch Khabib while standing.

Ngannou is just a terrifying monolith who gets better every time out. If he isn’t champion someday, I would be shocked. I’d also tell Jon Jones to stay at 205 if he wants to keep the mystique. Francis will knock his head off.

thrill
bronoun enthusiast

Post by thrill »

Also the Cejudo retirement stuff is bogus. He’s negotiating like a clown, like he usually does.

I lived in his neighborhood. I’ve seen him around town. He doesn’t have set for life money yet.

AWvsCBsteeeerike3
"I could totally eat a person if it were a life/death situation"

Post by AWvsCBsteeeerike3 »

Thought this was interesting.

AWvsCBsteeeerike3

Man just watched the Gaethje Ferguson highlights. Holy cow, its weird without the crowd. It's almost like the crowd muffles the sick sound of the punches. I don't know if it was Ferguson just getting lit up or the crispness of the audio, but some of those shots just sounded sick....maybe a combo of both because Ferguson got lit up. Good night.

thrill
bronoun enthusiast

Post by thrill »

Gaethje hits particularly crisply and nastily. Ferguson is particularly comfortable taking punishment. And I think the crowd also drowns out/muffles those shots. But it was basically a perfect scenario to hear the violence more clearly than ever before.

The one that really got me from that card was the Ngannou knockout. Hearing his breath exhale when he unleashed that hellish flurry when he exploded was remarkable.

AWvsCBsteeeerike3

The Hooker Poirier fight :shock:

thrill
bronoun enthusiast

Post by thrill »

Hooker has received two of the worst beatings of the last few years. His toughness is going to get him seriously damaged. The fight he had against Barboza was even worse than this one.

thrill
bronoun enthusiast

Post by thrill »

Khabib's father passed from months long, horrific complications from COVID. That's a bummer.

thrill
bronoun enthusiast

Post by thrill »

Tomorrow’s card rules even though the guys I want to win will not win (Aldo, Holloway, & Masvidal).