The NCAA

A forum for non-baseball sports
go birds
-go birds

The NCAA

Post by go birds »

What a [expletive] joke of an organization. Seriously when are schools going to wise up, say [expletive] you, and give them the finger on the way out?

The SEC should be the domino that falls first.

Mark Emmert, you are a douchebag.

AWvsCBsteeeerike3
"I could totally eat a pig butt, if smoked correctly!"

Re: The NCAA

Post by AWvsCBsteeeerike3 »

Yeah. I've been saying this for years. They suck, all around. Their rules are horrible and their enforcement of insane rules even worse.

slide_into_first
is unaware that dangerous is the real Tyler Durden

Post by slide_into_first »

It sounds like NCAA investigators are bigger douches than Emmert, who is a huge one.

slide_into_first
is unaware that dangerous is the real Tyler Durden

Post by slide_into_first »

go birds
-go birds

Post by go birds »

The only part of that article that I disagree with is that he says Emmert needs to go.

No, the whole "NCAA" needs to go away.

Yea I am still bitter about the Bruce pearl situation.

The NCAA is built on a foundation of hypocrisy and Emmert is indeed king of the hill.

AWvsCBsteeeerike3

Here's what I want to know. Why does the NCAA have any power at all? What exactly do they do that earns their paycheck and what do they get paid and by whom?

They're essentially nothing. Want proof? The Ohio State! football program is caught breaking the rules. Okay. What do they do. Well, they punish the school, or the school punishes itself whatever the case may be. But, because The Ohio State! was scheduled to play in the Sugar Bowl, they delayed the penalties at the request of the Sugar Bowl. Essentially, Sugar Bowl told the NCAA to hold off on the punishments or allow the punished players to play. How is the NCAA the authority when they're taking directions from bowl games? They're not. They're [expletive] ass [expletive].

What's even more insane, really, is that the rules they broke were such stupid [expletive] rules in the first place, but I digress. Can you imagine a person being arrested for selling stolen items, being found guilty and being punished with 3 years in jail and then saying....well, I'd like to and all, but I've got to go make another sale real quick and then I'm gonna hop countries....so, peace...

pioneer98
Hall Of Famer

Post by pioneer98 »

It doesn't matter who you put in charge of the NCAA, it's the entire system that is messed up and corrupt.

AWvsCBsteeeerike3

What would happen if, let's say, the NCAA decided it was going to make Alabama ineligible for the post-season next year.* Alabama runs the table and SEC refuses to listen to the NCAA, backs Alabama and puts them in the SEC Championship where they beat an undefeated Mizzou (or Florida) team who ran the table in the east. The SEC annoints Alabama the conference champion at 13-0. Stanford has won the Pac12 at 13-0 and appears unstoppable!!! and The Ohio State! has won the B1G at 11-2. KState is 10-2 and crowned the Big XII champion (will they have a conference game next eyar). Who decides if Alabama is in the game? Does the NCAA have the power to automatically disallow a team from being in the BCS computers? What if all the Conference presidents (Delaney et al) said Alabama should be allowed in? What if the BCS says it wants Alabama v Stanford?

*There's no reason whatsoever to think this will happen.

pioneer98
Hall Of Famer

Post by pioneer98 »

AWvsCBsteeeerike3 wrote:What would happen if, let's say, the NCAA decided it was going to make Alabama ineligible for the post-season next year.* Alabama runs the table and SEC refuses to listen to the NCAA, backs Alabama and puts them in the SEC Championship where they beat an undefeated Mizzou (or Florida) team who ran the table in the east. The SEC annoints Alabama the conference champion at 13-0. Stanford has won the Pac12 at 13-0 and appears unstoppable!!! and The Ohio State! has won the B1G at 11-2. KState is 10-2 and crowned the Big XII champion (will they have a conference game next eyar). Who decides if Alabama is in the game?
ESPN

Vidor
You've just been hit by...VidorSmarm™

Post by Vidor »

AWvsCBsteeeerike3 wrote:What's even more insane, really, is that the rules they broke were such stupid [expletive] rules in the first place, but I digress. Can you imagine a person being arrested for selling stolen items, being found guilty and being punished with 3 years in jail and then saying....well, I'd like to and all, but I've got to go make another sale real quick and then I'm gonna hop countries....so, peace...
Stupid rules indeed--the worst thing about that was the players were bartering with THEIR OWN PRIVATE PROPERTY.

If any of you guys have not read Taylor Branch's article "The Shame of College Sports", you need to. In the meantime, here's a Charlie Pierce article on the Ed O'Bannon lawsuit, which is apparently proceeding after the NCAA lost a motion to dismiss.

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/891 ... on-vs-ncaa