'Burb Boy

Re: PRO wrestling thread

Post by MrCrowesGarden »

Man, I love Wardlow.

thrill
bronoun enthusiast

Post by thrill »

I’ve never enjoyed the giant beast pushes. Even when I was a kid I hated Goldberg and Lesnar until they actually got into real matches.

The OC match was great story telling and actually allowed wardlow to show off his incredible athleticism rather than just go into straight to the boring power bombs. Plus chuck taylor brought a chain saw and that’s just hilarious.

MrCrowesGarden
'Burb Boy

Post by MrCrowesGarden »

See, I'm all in on the beast pushes for the right guy, and I feel like Wardlow is that guy. He's got a combination of a Goldberg and Batista aura. I really don't think he should have any competitive-ish matches for a long time. I also think we got to see his athleticism when he won the title from Scorpio Sky and did a goddamn Swanton Bomb.

MrCrowesGarden
'Burb Boy

Post by MrCrowesGarden »

I enjoyed this read about the benefits and drawbacks of AEW's large roster and what could be done better:

https://www.fanbyte.com/wrestling/how-a ... its-cause/

MrCrowesGarden
'Burb Boy

Post by MrCrowesGarden »

I guess this is just how it's going to be now. Titus O'Neil genuinely seems like a good person, but it was obvious why WWE did this, and from what I'm hearing about Vince allegations, we're probably going to get more of this in the weeks ahead.

MrCrowesGarden
'Burb Boy

Post by MrCrowesGarden »

Vince rightly draws a lot of the blame, but Kevin Dunn can make the product unwatchable. He botched AJ Styles' debut at the 2016 Royal Rumble and Edge's return at the 2020 Royal Rumble plus his first spear because he was too enamored with crowd cutaways.

MrCrowesGarden
'Burb Boy

Post by MrCrowesGarden »

That Dynamite main event was... not great. Bad booking and lackluster execution.

thrill
bronoun enthusiast

Post by thrill »

MrCrowesGarden wrote:
July 22 22, 7:40 am
That Dynamite main event was... not great. Bad booking and lackluster execution.
Big letdown. Not enough time for the match. Yeah, weird booking. Even weirder bump after the pin to let Eddie get something back.

MrCrowesGarden
'Burb Boy

Post by MrCrowesGarden »

thrill
bronoun enthusiast

Post by thrill »

To do it this way, rather than with a grand buildup…WWE must be looking at some compounding HUGE settlements coming their way.

Also his daughter and son in law returning the second he’s on his way out is some ugly stuff. He must be torture to be connected to.