PRO wrestling thread

A forum for non-baseball sports
MrCrowesGarden
'Burb Boy

Re: PRO wrestling thread

Post by MrCrowesGarden »

I think the booger sugar is enough to give Tony life

Vince really just seems to be a stubborn dumdum. WWE actually has momentum now, and it's all going to screech to a halt. The rumor is Vince will only sell to a company that will let him keep creative control, presumably until the day he dies (and his mother lived to be 101, so watch out.)

At least one of these things is sure to happen if Vince gets his way:

1) The wrestlers who were getting pushes under HHH had better prepare to slide back down the mountain. Gunther brought back credibility to the Intercontinental Title and they'll give him some silly foreigner gimmick.
2) If it's for a sale, they'll try to look as lean as possible, which means another hefty round of cuts which always suck.

thrill
bronoun enthusiast

Post by thrill »

Yep. Just when AEW was looking weak, ratings were sliding, and wrestlers were trying to get back to WWE, this happens and AEW is once again the viable alternative employer. Couple that with a Mercedes Mone, and a few more names here and there, and we're back to 2021 conditions.

MrCrowesGarden
'Burb Boy

Post by MrCrowesGarden »

BTW, I’ve heard Ospreay vs Omega at Wrestle Kingdom whipped

thrill
bronoun enthusiast

Post by thrill »

MrCrowesGarden wrote:
January 6 23, 4:03 pm
BTW, I’ve heard Ospreay vs Omega at Wrestle Kingdom whipped
Yeah I might have to figure out njpw.

thrill
bronoun enthusiast

Post by thrill »

I watched the match. It was as good as advertised. Hit another gear after Kenny got kicked in the face, pretzeled upside down in the ropes. I love that setup when Ospreay does it. Looks incredibly unpleasant.

Minor quibbles from someone who grew up watching american wrestling that I know are cliché American wrestling fan critiques: the crowds don't add as much as American crowds and the constant v trigger and hidden blades early in the match devalue those moves as finishers.

thrill
bronoun enthusiast

Post by thrill »

hahahahahahahahahahaha

I need a Ryan Murphy miniseries about WWE so bad. Or an Adam McKay HBO series. Both.

MrCrowesGarden
'Burb Boy

Post by MrCrowesGarden »

Oh it got worse, the hot goss is they’re selling to Saudi investors.

AWvsCBsteeeerike3
"I could totally eat a pig butt, if smoked correctly!"

Post by AWvsCBsteeeerike3 »

MrCrowesGarden wrote:
January 11 23, 6:25 am
Oh it got worse, the hot goss is they’re selling to Saudi investors.
Not sure what that entails but based solely what has happened with LIV golf, this isn't bad news for wrestling fans necessarily, right?

Get rid of Vince and all the stench around him. Presumably they'll dump money into the business and hopefully it results in a better product/talent?

MrCrowesGarden
'Burb Boy

Post by MrCrowesGarden »

Well, putting aside the ethical dilemmas, and I know that’s ironic since we’re talking about WWE here, the rumor is Vince still wanted to be in control of creative and would only sell to someone under that stipulation.

There’s also the issue that Saudi is obsessed with wrestlers of the past. Some of the worst matches I can recall happened on Saudi PPVs

thrill
bronoun enthusiast

Post by thrill »

There are "rumors" that some on the roster will walk if they sell to the Saudis, which is a little sus to me, because there is no difference in the mentality of Vince and MBS, only the power they wield. I'm also dubious that anyone will walk because the Saudis will do what they did with LIV and throw an absurd amount of money at them, and it is way easier to float rumors that you'll walk than it is to actually walk. It also puts Tony Khan in an incredibly advantageous negotiating position.