PRO wrestling thread

A forum for non-baseball sports
MrCrowesGarden
'Burb Boy

Re: PRO wrestling thread

Post by MrCrowesGarden »

Big E is also a Tampa man, so there are two. But yes, I've never heard a cross word about John Cena. He made an appearance at my former station before I worked there to promote WWE being in town, and everyone said he was such a joy to work with. I've heard less flattering things about Randy Orton, which I don't think is that surprising, but I think Randy himself would admit he also had a lot of growing up to do (and he did.)

MrCrowesGarden
'Burb Boy

Post by MrCrowesGarden »

More proof that Big E is a great dude. He replied to my tweet!

MrCrowesGarden
'Burb Boy

Post by MrCrowesGarden »

The allegations also include that Vince passed this woman off "like a toy" to John Laurinaitis. Almost assuredly nothing will happen to Vince (although I guess he could sell) and likely not to Johnny Ace either. Also very likely that Nick Khan was the one who planted the story.

thrill
bronoun enthusiast

Post by thrill »

Least surprising scandal of all time? He and his entire family suck.

MrCrowesGarden
'Burb Boy

Post by MrCrowesGarden »

I don't think it's a surprise given the storylines that WWE ran in the late 90s and early 2000s at all. I also saw it was reported that Vince and Linda McMahon are still married but have not been together in some time.

I do wonder if Stephanie knew this story was coming out, and that's the reason she took the leave of absence. I assumed it was something health related with HHH at first.

Anyhow... what a week for wrestling news!
I know a lot of wrestling fans will say Sasha Banks is the greatest women's wrestler of all-time. I won't go quite that far because I think all her promos sound the same, and she needs to mix up her cadence, but she is the greatest in-ring worker of all time, and she's a ratings draw. If she wants to keep wrestling, she instantly becomes the champion in whatever promotion she joins. If she wants to go to Hollywood, I'm sure she'll be a success there too.

thrill
bronoun enthusiast

Post by thrill »

I feel like AEW really needs her. They lack depth in their women's division. Especially at the top.

The Vince thing - I so tired of boomer business leaders not stepping aside when they find themselves unequipped to operate in today's business environment. Whether it's gender dynamics or just plain not understanding how to lead younger employees who have different expectations and emotional relationships to their jobs, they have made more than enough money to step aside. Problem is, they care more about the power and control that they feel slipping out of their fingers. They also have no life to pivot to out of business because they prioritized work over family for decades.

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

40 mins from meltzer

MrCrowesGarden
'Burb Boy

Post by MrCrowesGarden »

Any company could use Sasha Banks because she's a legit star in a world where WWE doesn't have very many since they treat almost everybody besides Roman, Brock, and Becky as interchangeable parts, but I get what you're saying about AEW. They really haven't invested very much in their women's division and especially not beyond Dr. Britt Baker, who I admit is my favorite.

The Vince thing: you're right about them-- and I think him in particular-- being out of touch. The funny thing though is that I think everyone who got wind of the story from outside the wrestling world expects he'll step down because that's what basically any other executive who got caught would do. Everyone who does know wrestling knows that won't happen, though because LOL Vince.

thrill
bronoun enthusiast

Post by thrill »

If the McMahon tentacles were somehow detached from WWE, I’d probably watch that wal mart ass promotion. Hell, put Cody in charge in the most astounding wrestling shoots into a work of all time. That would be Shakespearean.

MrCrowesGarden
'Burb Boy

Post by MrCrowesGarden »

I still enjoy it. Maybe it’s a character flaw. I was really hoping HHH would get control since NXT was so great at its peak and was still a joy for wrestling purists up until about a year ago. Now it’s just the horniest wrestling show around.

I think if you look at the men’s NXT Champions who then advanced to the main roster, the only ones you can say were more successful on Raw/Smackdown were Seth Rollins, Big E, Drew McIntyre, and Kevin Owens.