2015-2016 Blues (Hockey) Season

A forum for non-baseball sports
cardinalkarp
Hall Of Famer

Re: 2015-2016 Blues (Hockey) Season

Post by cardinalkarp »

Fat_Bulldog wrote:karp,
Your loyalty to GRB is currently in question. You've officially been put on notice for withholding such information.

LOL.....It took everything I had to w/ hold the info!! I tried when I could to give some updates on players (regarding time tables for return) before it hit the media, but w/ this issue I swore to my source it would remain confidential, for pretty obvious reasons.

Considering the injury, he really had a pretty impressive playoffs.....but it was pretty clear he was not even close to being healthy.

Fat_Bulldog
likes to grate his own cheese

Post by Fat_Bulldog »

I just don't understand putting an injured player out there. From a long term injury risk standpoint and an overall team performance standpoint.

Wouldn't a completely healthy, less talented player be better overall? I just don't get it.

Like the deal with Yadi in the postseason last year....

JCShutout
MacGyver of Underwear

Post by JCShutout »

Fat_Bulldog wrote:I just don't understand putting an injured player out there. From a long term injury risk standpoint and an overall team performance standpoint.

Wouldn't a completely healthy, less talented player be better overall? I just don't get it.

I totally agree, for Steen's sake. I want him healthy for the long term.

His replacement probably would have been Paajarvi, and an injured Steen is probably the better player there... still don't think its a smart move considering Steen's career.

MrCrowesGarden
'Burb Boy

Post by MrCrowesGarden »

JCShutout wrote:
Fat_Bulldog wrote:I just don't understand putting an injured player out there. From a long term injury risk standpoint and an overall team performance standpoint.

His replacement probably would have been Paajarvi, and an injured Steen is probably the better player there... still don't think its a smart move considering Steen's career.
I wonder if Rattie would've even got some consideration. Probably not, but it'd be nice.

MrCrowesGarden
'Burb Boy

Post by MrCrowesGarden »

Ian Cole has a goal in the Stanley Cup Finals, so there's that.

JCShutout
MacGyver of Underwear

Post by JCShutout »

MrCrowesGarden wrote:
JCShutout wrote:

I wonder if Rattie would've even got some consideration. Probably not, but it'd be nice.
He should have. He really should play this year. I hate to say this, because I love Backes, but the Blues should lock up Schwartz long term, and then let Backes and Brouwer walk. I think Backes might be worth 5 or 6 mill next year (but I doubt it) but not in future years, and I don't want to handcuff the team when its time to extend guys like Fabbri and Paryko. Its just a bad age to extend a guy like Backes. :-( I see him as an okay 2nd liner, and a good 3rd liner right now. I think his 30 goal seasons are about past him. Gonna be tough to replace. I wish we could keep him at Berglund's salary for a few years.

Let them walk, let Fabbri have a top line. Let Rattie and Barbashev or another youngster have time with the big club. There will be growing pains, but you've just got the make the playoffs, and the rest is getting hot at the right time. You can probably afford both Schwartz and Shatty if you do that. If Schwartz makes 6+, that adds not quite all Backes' salary to him. If Shatty gets 6+, that adds not quite all of Ott's salary to him. Between them and their league minimum replacements, you basically have the same salary.

jim
Red Lobster for the seafood lover in you

Post by jim »

A real thrill for my nephews kid. He plays AAA hockey for a team in Chesterfield, and last week at practice Tarasenko showed up and skated with them.

Radbird
There's someone in my head but it's not me

Post by Radbird »

The Stanley Cup is by far the coolest trophy in sports.

cardinalkarp
Hall Of Famer

Post by cardinalkarp »

Radbird wrote:The Stanley Cup is by far the coolest trophy in sports.

....and it's not even F'ING close.

If that is not the ultimate trophy/prize for winning a championship I don't know what is.

MrCrowesGarden
'Burb Boy

Post by MrCrowesGarden »

Mike Yeo and Rick Wilson join the staff as assistant coaches. Yeo will be the head coach starting 2017-18.