Re: 2015 College Football Thread

Post by Tim »

I am NOT going to Memphis for Arkansas v k state. Yawn

Freed Roger
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress

Post by Freed Roger »

Socnorb11 wrote:
Freed Roger wrote:Sounds like I am going to NW Tenn bowl game in Tampa.
Well dhat doesn't suck!
A friend of ours went to NW and played fb. Tgiving weekend we went to the game at soldiers field and got nice and ripped at an all-inclusive tailgate and our wives conspired on the bowl game. Bandwagon hopping. I wonder if they will notice that I am at the beach instead of the game.

BTW-they played Illinois at Soldier Fiels-who is terrible(. Man, Illinois sports have really slid. They used to be my college team to follow. Now I don't even have the heart to troll friends that are Illini alums

go birds
-go birds

Post by go birds »

Tim wrote:If UT were in the SEC West, they'd be 6-6 maybe. If Arkansas was in the East they would have won it.
thats a serious hot taek

ndistops
All-Star

Post by ndistops »

go birds wrote:
Tim wrote:If UT were in the SEC West, they'd be 6-6 maybe. If Arkansas was in the East they would have won it.
thats a serious hot taek
The East was pretty much garbage this season, but I'm not sure what exactly the West did so well either. Outside of Alabama, those teams were pretty mediocre. If not for a miraculous 4th and 25 conversion by Arkansas, Ole Miss would've won the division with a loss to Memphis on its resume.

Freed Roger
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress

Post by Freed Roger »

the East is SEC Lite.

stormspencer
Veteran Player

Post by stormspencer »

ndistops wrote:
go birds wrote:
thats a serious hot taek
The East was pretty much garbage this season, but I'm not sure what exactly the West did so well either. Outside of Alabama, those teams were pretty mediocre. If not for a miraculous 4th and 25 conversion by Arkansas, Ole Miss would've won the division with a loss to Memphis on its resume.
Georgia underachieved and it cost Richt his job. Tennessee was the victim of some brutally close losses....primarily due to bad game management by Jones. Florida might have been good, but their offense was an abortion after Grier got suspended. The other 4 in the east were to below average to awful.

The West has one great team (Bama) and the rest of the division consists of teams that vary from pretty good to barely average.

The SEC has been consistently overrated the last several years (living off the successes of 2006-2012), but the hype and propaganda hasn't been as bad this season.... at least to me. I think most who follow college football are now realizing that the SEC is just like every other conference.....they have 1 or 2 great teams, some good teams, a few average teams, and some below average/bad teams. It's almost always been that way, but when an SEC team won the MNCs in years past, most of the other teams within that conference tried to share in the glory (and trumpet SEC, SEC, SEC) and ride the coat tails of the premiere teams. It grew rather pathetic to most of us fans of teams outside that conference.

go birds
-go birds

Post by go birds »

stormspencer wrote:
ndistops wrote:
go birds wrote:
thats a serious hot taek
Georgia underachieved and it cost Richt his job. Tennessee was the victim of some brutally close losses....primarily due to bad game management by Jones. Florida might have been good, but their offense was an abortion after Grier got suspended. The other 4 in the east were to below average to awful.

The West has one great team (Bama) and the rest of the division consists of teams that vary from pretty good to barely average.

The SEC has been consistently overrated the last several years (living off the successes of 2006-2012), but the hype and propaganda hasn't been as bad this season.... at least to me. I think most who follow college football are now realizing that the SEC is just like every other conference.....they have 1 or 2 great teams, some good teams, a few average teams, and some below average/bad teams. It's almost always been that way, but when an SEC team won the MNCs in years past, most of the other teams within that conference tried to share in the glory (and trumpet SEC, SEC, SEC) and ride the coat tails of the premiere teams. It grew rather pathetic to most of us fans of teams outside that conference.
I would agree with this assessment.

The SEC isn't what it used to be.

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

Eighty FBS teams will play in 40 pre-national championship bowls.

overkill much?

Joe Shlabotnik
Hall Of Famer

Post by Joe Shlabotnik »

Jocephus wrote:Eighty FBS teams will play in 40 pre-national championship bowls.

overkill much?
I assume teams 79 and 80 are playing in the Who The Hell Cares Bowl.