2015 Mizzou Football

A forum for non-baseball sports
Cheddar Tom
Perennial All-Star

Re: 2015 Mizzou Football

Post by Cheddar Tom »

Josh Henson and AJ Ricker are out....Matter says Kuligowski is likely out as well.

cardsfansince82
is shooing asian children away from his fridge.

Post by cardsfansince82 »

Perhaps that explains the delay in getting Odom hired. His reluctance to overhaul the rest of the staff.

lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite

Post by lukethedrifter »

Transmogrified Tiger wrote:
lukethedrifter wrote:What would you have thought of a Pelini hire?
I would equate it to hiring Bob Huggins to coach the basketball team. I would appreciate the team's likely success, but I also root for Mizzou sports for more than just wins. I went to school there, and I like it even more when I can be proud of the program beyond wins and losses. This was one of the more rewarding things about having Pinkel be the head coach. He didn't run afoul of the NCAA, he largely handled disciplinary issues fairly and wasn't afraid to make his job harder by making the right disciplinary decision, and he outperformed national expectations by developing players that others thought weren't quite as good, recruiting star-wise. There were some exceptions of course, no one will ever be Coach Taylor in real life, but that's the legacy he leaves. With a coach like Pelini I would struggle with the downsides of having him win games, and with Odom I don't think I'll have that conflict from all I can tell.
I share your sentiments other than not being an alum except I see Pelini as two steps down from Huggins so no part of me would have been excited. I probably underrate him.

cardsfantx
Hall Of Famer

Post by cardsfantx »

says Kuligowski is likely out as well.

Ummm, wtf? One of the best DL coaches in the entire country is likely out? If that's his choice fine, but they're making it out in the reports I've read that it's odom's choice. If so, that's a terrible decision.

We don't take 2-3 star recruits on the DL and turn them into all Americans and NFL first rounders because of luck or scheme.

lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite

Post by lukethedrifter »

It's got to be that Kulo and Ford are exploring options which seems fair. I can't believe MU/Odom would dump them.

Back to Pinkel, in this article on Markus Golden just a hint from Weatherspoon on how much Pinkel means to him. http://www.stltoday.com/sports/columns/ ... 34b63.html

JL21
NPR & THT Contributor

Post by JL21 »

Ford is back (as is Hill and Ryan Walters, plus the strength coach Pat Ivey).

On the flip side, Henson and Ricker are officially gone.

Kuligowski is kind of floating in the middle, probably gone by most accounts but nothing official yet.

I would guess that Odom's a defense guy, and Odom would probably prefer to have more say about the way the defense is run. Having an established guy like Kuligowski would make that a difficult situation. And he's obviously not going to stay as just the d-line coach anymore.

MrCrowesGarden
'Burb Boy

Post by MrCrowesGarden »

Josh Heupel has been hired as offensive coordinator.

lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite

Post by lukethedrifter »

MrCrowesGarden wrote:Josh Heupel has been hired as offensive coordinator.
Not so fast, per Matter.

Freed Roger
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress

Post by Freed Roger »

lukethedrifter wrote:
MrCrowesGarden wrote:Josh Heupel has been hired as offensive coordinator.
Not so fast, per Matter.
MrCrowe scooped them.

JL21
NPR & THT Contributor

Post by JL21 »

Josh Heupel, Demontie Cross from TCU... They sure seem to be loading up for a run at a lot of Texas and Oklahoma recruits. It's a bold strategy, but I'm not sure how it will play out. It's kind of a tough sale for kids in that area.