2018 NFL Offseason Thread

A forum for non-baseball sports
Joe Shlabotnik
Hall Of Famer

Re: 2018 NFL Offseason Thread

Post by Joe Shlabotnik »

Why are people posting in the off season thread in the middle of the season. Gotta be at least a 5 yarder. I'd go 10 now because it looks to be flagrant.

InvincibleCakeEater
GRB's obsessive compulsive baseball poster

Post by InvincibleCakeEater »

Joe Shlabotnik wrote:Why are people posting in the off season thread in the middle of the season. Gotta be at least a 5 yarder. I'd go 10 now because it looks to be flagrant.
MCG needs to change the thread title.

Fat Strat
Official GRB Sponsor of Larry Bigbie

Post by Fat Strat »

InvincibleCakeEater wrote:The Chiefs offense is pretty good.

If Andy Reid would remember that there are 4 quarters in a game and not just 2, we might have something.
He does that a lot.

Defense is too sketchy to play tight for the 3rd quarter with a lead.

Swirls
gone fission

Post by Swirls »

Three games in, and so far Clay Matthews has managed a penalty for roughing the passer in all three games.

Game 1 against Trubisky was a legit call, no qualms about that one. Last week's call against Cousins was [expletive], but if that's what they want to call, whatever. But what the [expletive] was with the call today against Smith? HE STILL HAD POSSESSION OF THE GODDAMN BALL. That makes it a sack, not a [expletive] 15 yard penalty for roughing the passer.

What the [expletive] [expletive] is with this horse [expletive] new rule? I laughed later in the game when Clay essentially chased Smith out of bounds because he was afraid to touch him. Is that what we're getting to now?

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

Swirls wrote:Three games in, and so far Clay Matthews has managed a penalty for roughing the passer in all three games.
it was crazy to see his reaction on this most recent one. he's like, professing innocence as soon as the tackle is done then he sees the flag and is dejected and has to take a knee and compose himself. hah wow.

InvincibleCakeEater
GRB's obsessive compulsive baseball poster

Post by InvincibleCakeEater »

Jocephus wrote:
Swirls wrote:Three games in, and so far Clay Matthews has managed a penalty for roughing the passer in all three games.
it was crazy to see his reaction on this most recent one. he's like, professing innocence as soon as the tackle is done then he sees the flag and is dejected and has to take a knee and compose himself. hah wow.
He's gotten as many roughing the passer calls against him this year through 3 games as he had gotten his entire career.

lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite

Post by lukethedrifter »

Was Thielen’s fault he had to come out. He kept grabbing at his helmet.

Exciting game. Rams D not living up to hype.

Gurley looks good but there have been a few times I thought he could have stepped away from/out of a tackle or kept his balance.

Swirls
gone fission

Post by Swirls »

Now why the hell wasn't Donald's sack of Cousins flagged as roughing the passer? He literally spun him around and threw him to the ground.

Is it because he didn't fall on him? What a [expletive] load of horse [expletive].

HardcoreCardsFan
All-Star

Post by HardcoreCardsFan »

Every Rams win hurts me almost as much as a Cardinals loss.

I just long for the Rams’ eternal failure as long as Kroenke owns them.